- Top Ranked WI School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 291 students
- Yearly Tuition: $6,700
- Acceptance rate: 98%
- Average class size: 23 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
uniforms are navy pants/skirts/sweaters; white button down shirts/blouses; black shoes and belts
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Arduino 101, Mindstorm Robotics Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Forensics Team, Hand Bell Choir, Junior Choir
- Garden Homes Lutheran School (GHLS) sits on the edge of Garden Homes Historic District, our nation's first municipally sponsored, community owned housing project, now a part of the City of Milwaukee. The school came into existence in 1954. Our new school building, openedin the fall of 2004,enabled us to expand our enrollment as part of the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program. Our old school, across Roosevelt Drive from our current campus, is the home of the Light House Youth Center, a Lutheran-Christian ministry for youth from 5thgrade through high school.
- Our student body is usually around 250 children (K3-8) and is nurtured by aloving and qualified staff of 13 teachers and 3 administrators, all holding undergraduate and/or graduate degrees in education. Several Educational Assistants (EA) are also employed to assist teachers and students. Classroom size currently averages between 20 and 25 students.
- GHLS is a Christian school in the Lutheran tradition. We are owned and operated by Garden Homes Lutheran Church (GHLC). Both GHLS and GHLC are members of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS), headquartered in Milwaukee, but with churches and schools all over the United States and in several other countries. The WELS school system is the 4th largest private/parochial school system in America.GHLS is accredited by Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School Accreditation (WELSSA) and the National Council on Private School Education (NCPSE). We have been a Milwaukee Parental Choice school since 2000, and are listed in the Great Schools Directory forthe State of Wisconsin.GHLSseeks to educate the whole child: mind, body, and soul, within a loving, positive, and supportive school culture ofhigh expectations andno excuses. Our curriculum is tied to the Wisconsin State Standards and provides a complete complement ofcourses for students that excel as well as those who struggle. Special education and Title 1 services provide additional support for students who need a little extra.All of the secular subjects traditionally taught at this educational level are taught at GHLS (Math, Reading, Phonics, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, History, etc.) These subjects, and all of GHLS`s curriculum, is tied to state standards and "Christ-centered", meaning that they are presented with the absolute truth of God`s Word as their ultimate guide. In every subject and every lesson, opportunities are seized for presenting how God`s wisdom, power, and love in Christ, are evident. Every day in every class, students are encouraged to see God more clearly, love him more dearly, and follow him more nearly.In addition to teaching the traditional, secular subjects, GHLS also teaches religion classes that are a more concentrated and in-depth look at the Bible.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Garden Homes Lutheran School cost?
What schools are Garden Homes Lutheran School often compared to?
What is the acceptance rate of Garden Homes Lutheran School?
What sports does Garden Homes Lutheran School offer?
What is Garden Homes Lutheran School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Garden Homes Lutheran School?
Endorse Garden Homes Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards