Messmer Preparatory Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
- Messmer Preparatory Catholic School strives to have each student reach their full individual potential.
- Messmer Preparatory is a comprehensive grade school for over 450 students in 4-year-old kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Messmer focuses on the child’s academic, physical, social, and spiritual development.
- Along with having a traditional curriculum of Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies, Spanish, and Religion, Messmer also offers Gym, Art, Music, Band, before and after care, and a host of extracurricular activities.
- Messmer provides a dynamic environment where children are challenged and nurtured for excellence.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||469 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,800|
|Tuition Notes||Includes all books|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Band, Boy Scouts, Choir, Drama and Theatre Club, Forensics, Girl Scouts, Homework Club, Literature Lunch, Newspaper Club, Student Council|
- ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE Messmer’s learning environment and challenging curriculum prepares its graduates with skills to excel in high school. Messmer offers traditional studies that include Math, Reading, Science, Social Studies, Spanish, and Religion. Each teacher and staff member strives to ensure that students will graduate and utilize their education in the “real world”. Students discover more than what they want to do; they ultimately find what they love.
- THE MESSMER ADVANTAGE Messmer Preparatory Catholic School serves as the 9th grade feeder school for Messmer High School. Most of Messmer Prep's 8th grade graduates go on to Messmer High School to continue with their secondary education. Messmer Prep 8th grade students receive the advantage of having a week of events dedicated only to Messmer Prep students at the high school. Messmer Prep 8th grade students receive incentives such as applying for Messmer High School during an early enrollment period, a Shadow Day dedicated only to Messmer Prep students, as well as a host of events throughout the week.
- SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT As a Catholic school, Messmer welcomes students of all faiths and offers an opportunity to strengthen and enhance each student’s personal spiritual development. The Theology curriculum focuses on developing lifelong faith formation and instruction in the Catholic faith. Innovative service programs call students to action through their personal and spiritual outreach to others. Weekly prayer services and special Masses allow students to further share their faith with the collective student body
- AFFORDABLE EDUCATION Messmer works hard to ensure that all who want to be a part of the Messmer family are able to regardless of one’s financial ability to pay. For that reason, tuition at Messmer is one of the lowest among the state’s private schools. Messmer offers many opportunities for financial aid in the forms of scholarships and grants based on need and academic performance. In addition, Messmer participates in the Milwaukee Parental School Choice Program.
- CARING COMMUNITY Graduates of Messmer have described the school as a “safe and caring environment with a family-like atmosphere.” Small class sizes enable students to receive individualized attention and develop a personal rapport with faculty, staff, and students. The school provides a secure academic setting that fosters growth in academics, personal responsibility, leadership, and spirituality. Messmer’s faculty and staff routinely exceed expectations and dedicate themselves to the success of every student. The involvement of parents and guardians is equally important to the success of Messmer students. Parents and guardians participate in volunteer activities, academic conferences, and school events.
- COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY Messmer Preparatory Catholic School welcomes and supports students from all backgrounds. It serves a diverse racial, religious, and economic population with strong representation from all communities. Messmer understands the value of diversity and creates an inclusive environment that appreciates the contributions that different backgrounds and experiences can bring to the school environment.
- BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE The Before and After Care program is a service that is available to a limited number of Messmer Preparatory Catholic School students. The program has been designed to provide a warm, nurturing environment that is consistent with the school’s mission, philosophy, and structure. The care is provided by school staff members and is only available when school is in session.
- EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES Messmer Prep offers a variety of extracurricular activities and sports to match the interests of our diverse student body. This multitude of opportunities enables each student to explore new areas of potential talent or interest while meeting new friends and learning valuable skills for the future. Through athletics, students learn life long skill sets like commitment, teamwork, and leadership. Messmer offers girls’ and boys’ basketball, football, volleyball, track, cheerleading, drama and theatre club, forensics, literature lunch, newspaper club, student council, art club, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, homework club, and choir.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 260 students
2450 W Roosevelt Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53209
(414)444-9050 2.6 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 67 students
137 North 66th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53213
(414)258-1534 5.5 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 226 students
3721 N 21st St
Milwaukee, WI 53206
(414)873-8240 2 PK-8
This school is awesome.. Im so glad I made this my choice of school.. they have learned and grown so much. They some time teach me things I dont know.. with my girls now entering into 2nd and 3rd grade Im excited to see the things to come.
- Posted by Parent - holla
Nearby Homes for Sale
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.