Messmer Preparatory Catholic School strives to have each student reach their full individual potential.
Messmer Preparatory is a comprehensive grade school for over 450 students in 4-year-old kindergarten through 8th grade.
Messmer focuses on the child’s academic, physical, social, and spiritual development.
Along with having a traditional curriculum of Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies, Spanish, and Religion, Messmer also offers Gym, Art, Music, Band, before and after care, and a host of extracurricular activities.
Messmer provides a dynamic environment where children are challenged and nurtured for excellence.
- Top Ranked WI School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 469 students
- Yearly Tuition: $2,800
- Average class size: 25 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Includes all books
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Art Club, Band, Boy Scouts, Choir, Drama and Theatre Club, Forensics, Girl Scouts, Homework Club, Literature Lunch, Newspaper Club, Student Council
- ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE Messmer’s learning environment and challenging curriculum prepares its graduates with skills to excel in high school. Messmer offers traditional studies that include Math, Reading, Science, Social Studies, Spanish, and Religion. Each teacher and staff member strives to ensure that students will graduate and utilize their education in the “real world”. Students discover more than what they want to do; they ultimately find what they love.
- THE MESSMER ADVANTAGE Messmer Preparatory Catholic School serves as the 9th grade feeder school for Messmer High School. Most of Messmer Prep's 8th grade graduates go on to Messmer High School to continue with their secondary education. Messmer Prep 8th grade students receive the advantage of having a week of events dedicated only to Messmer Prep students at the high school. Messmer Prep 8th grade students receive incentives such as applying for Messmer High School during an early enrollment period, a Shadow Day dedicated only to Messmer Prep students, as well as a host of events throughout the week.
- SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT As a Catholic school, Messmer welcomes students of all faiths and offers an opportunity to strengthen and enhance each student’s personal spiritual development. The Theology curriculum focuses on developing lifelong faith formation and instruction in the Catholic faith. Innovative service programs call students to action through their personal and spiritual outreach to others. Weekly prayer services and special Masses allow students to further share their faith with the collective student body
- AFFORDABLE EDUCATION Messmer works hard to ensure that all who want to be a part of the Messmer family are able to regardless of one’s financial ability to pay. For that reason, tuition at Messmer is one of the lowest among the state’s private schools. Messmer offers many opportunities for financial aid in the forms of scholarships and grants based on need and academic performance. In addition, Messmer participates in the Milwaukee Parental School Choice Program.
- CARING COMMUNITY Graduates of Messmer have described the school as a “safe and caring environment with a family-like atmosphere.” Small class sizes enable students to receive individualized attention and develop a personal rapport with faculty, staff, and students. The school provides a secure academic setting that fosters growth in academics, personal responsibility, leadership, and spirituality. Messmer’s faculty and staff routinely exceed expectations and dedicate themselves to the success of every student. The involvement of parents and guardians is equally important to the success of Messmer students. Parents and guardians participate in volunteer activities, academic conferences, and school events.
- COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY Messmer Preparatory Catholic School welcomes and supports students from all backgrounds. It serves a diverse racial, religious, and economic population with strong representation from all communities. Messmer understands the value of diversity and creates an inclusive environment that appreciates the contributions that different backgrounds and experiences can bring to the school environment.
- BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE The Before and After Care program is a service that is available to a limited number of Messmer Preparatory Catholic School students. The program has been designed to provide a warm, nurturing environment that is consistent with the school’s mission, philosophy, and structure. The care is provided by school staff members and is only available when school is in session.
- EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES Messmer Prep offers a variety of extracurricular activities and sports to match the interests of our diverse student body. This multitude of opportunities enables each student to explore new areas of potential talent or interest while meeting new friends and learning valuable skills for the future. Through athletics, students learn life long skill sets like commitment, teamwork, and leadership. Messmer offers girls’ and boys’ basketball, football, volleyball, track, cheerleading, drama and theatre club, forensics, literature lunch, newspaper club, student council, art club, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, homework club, and choir.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Messmer Preparatory Catholic School cost?
Messmer Preparatory Catholic School's tuition is approximately $2,800 for private students.
What sports does Messmer Preparatory Catholic School offer?
Messmer Preparatory Catholic School offers 6 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cheering, Football, Soccer, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is Messmer Preparatory Catholic School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Messmer Preparatory Catholic School?
The application deadline for Messmer Preparatory Catholic School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
This school is awesome.. Im so glad I made this my choice of school.. they have learned and grown so much. They some time teach me things I dont know.. with my girls now entering into 2nd and 3rd grade Im excited to see the things to come.
Endorse Messmer Preparatory Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.