Tamarack Waldorf School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tamarack Waldorf School Photo #2 - The Kindergarten classroom is filled with natural materials and creative playthings to stimulate the imagination of the young child. In a Waldorf environment, a child's play is the child's "work".
Tamarack Waldorf School Photo #3 - Handwork begins in first grade with knitting, followed by crocheting in second and third grades, cross stitching in fourth grade, continuing with other projects through the grades, and culminating in machine sewing in eighth grade. Handwork develops fine motor skills, thinking skills, and creativity.
Tamarack Waldorf School Photo #5 - Tamarack Waldorf School is pleased to be a part of the vibrant Brady Street historical business district.
- Waldorf schools offer a developmentally appropriate, experiential approach to education.
- They integrate the arts and academics for children from preschool through grade eight.
- The aim of the education is to inspire life-long learning in each student and enable them to fully develop their unique capacities. Tamarack Waldorf School is a private Waldorf school established in 1996 as an urban school embracing diversity.
- We offer a complete curriculum for students from pre-school and kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Tamarack welcomes students and families of all races, religions and cultures to join us.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,160|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available through the school's tuition reduction program or through the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Dorothy Kulke|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Tennis,|
- Please fill out our inquiry form https://www.tamarackwaldorf.org/tour to schedule a tour. Applicants for K5 to Grade 8 must submit a recent report card along with the application. Private pay applications can be submitted beginning in January for the following school year. Applications to the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program (state voucher) can be submitted beginning in March for the following school year.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 260 students
2450 W Roosevelt Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53209
(414)444-9050 3.7 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 171 students
5301 W Washington Blvd
Milwaukee, WI 53208
(414)774-2200 4.2 PK-8
Our children are so very happy at Tamarack Waldorf School! We have children in kindergarten and the grades and they are all happy as clams. The teachers of Tamarack are filled with love, the curriculum is filled with art, music, and age-appropriate (challenging!) academics, and the halls are filled with happy, engaged and engaging children of all races and creeds. It is a wonderful school doing wonderful things. It really is an astonishing place.
- Posted by Parent - katek
I attended a community event when my child was just an infant, and knew then that Tamarack was THE school to send my children. Now 8 years later I am just as in love with the school and the complete education unavailable at any other school in south-east WI. Waldorf is making headlines because it works!! It is the only experiential education, where children form their knowledge in doing. Beyond the Waldorf philosophies, the education at Tamarack Waldorf School intigrates music, art, handwork (knitting, crochet, etc), woodworking, movement, dance, foreign language. Attend an open house event and fall in love with this amazing school.
- Posted by Parent - bella
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.