Milwaukee Montessori School
- Milwaukee Montessori School is a private independent day school dedicated to educating children to become an informed, committed, and difference-making generation.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Speech Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Varies by program.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||395 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Neat and appropriate clothing)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,785|
|Tuition Notes||Varies by program.|
|Admissions Director||Cheryl Kelly|
|Admissions Associate||Brooke Parfrey|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Flag Football, Robotics Club, Robotics Team, Soccer
Arts and Music Programs:
Private Music Instruction
- Founded in 1961, Milwaukee Montessori School is a private, independent, co-educational elementary day school educating over 400 students from toddler age through the eighth grade. Milwaukee Montessori School is recognized for its outstanding and dynamic academic program dedicated to providing an individualized educational experience.
- Our school's challenging and enriching curriculum encourages the development of real-world skills including independent and decision-oriented thinking; creativity; technology, math, and science skills; an appreciation for arts, music, and diverse cultures, plus the importance of community and environmental stewardship.
- Our Toddler Program for ages 18 months - 3 years offers much more than just school readiness. Staffed enthusiastic, skilled faculty, children enjoy art, music, dance, science language arts, sand and water play, as well as plenty of outdoor time.
- In our Extended Day program, we offer adult-supervised child care before and after school. Students engage in meaningful activities and supervised play with children in groups reflective of their academic groups - Kindergarten (Children's House), Lower Elementary (grades 1-3), Upper Elementary (grades 4-6), and Junior High (7-8).
- Each summer from June to August, we offer a full-time Summer Program for students age 3 - 13. Our unique and interactive summer program combines the fine arts, theater, computers, robotics, Montessori Classroom instruction, sports, field trips, and playtime filled with social interaction. Flexible week-long sessions.
- The faculty and staff at Milwaukee Montessori School are highly trained in Montessori methodology and strive to attain professional excellence for their students and families.
- At Milwaukee Montessori Schoool, we aim to provide students with an education that meets their intellectual abilities and needs, while promoting an appreciation of diversity as an integral part of school life. This value is reflected in the wide diversity of our student and faculty body.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 67 students
137 North 66th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53213
(414)258-1534 1.8 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 260 students
2450 W Roosevelt Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53209
(414)444-9050 6.2 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 202 students
4849 N Wildwood Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53217
(414)332-8175 8.4 PK-8
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.