St. Matthias Parish School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- St. Matthias School is a Catholic elementary school educating students from kindergarten through grade eight.
- St. Matthias School has been dedicated to the spiritual, intellectual, social and physical development of children since 1851.
- The school offers a sequential curriculum that sets high expectations and prepares students to become productive members of a global society.
- St. Matthias School believes in a Catholic Christian community where a living faith is at the center of spiritual and intellectual development.
- We acknowledge individual uniqueness and strive to provide opportunities for the students to achieve their full potential.
- Our teaching focuses on each student's spiritual, moral, intellectual, psychological, physical and social development.
- We recognize the responsibility of the parents, students and parish community to instill a lifelong commitment to God by mirroring the gospel values through worship and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||424 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,415|
|Tuition Notes||Additional fees include Education Fee, Playground Fee, Technology Fee, and Archdiocese Fee|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 252 students
3132 S 63rd St
Milwaukee, WI 53219
(414)321-1350 2 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-12 | 217 students
8420 W Beloit Rd
Milwaukee, WI 53227
(414)327-4200 0.7 PK-12
- Milwaukee Grades: NS-8 | 395 students
345 N. 95th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414)259-0370 3.3 NS-8
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 111 students
7821 W Lincoln Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53219
(414)541-6251 1.5 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: NS-8 | 336 students
1810 W Bolivar Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53221
(414)282-7970 4.8 NS-8
I have 2 children at St. Matthias and it's a nurturing environment. The teachers work with them one on one and area always available for questions parents may have. I encourage anyone looking to set up a personal tour and observe a class in action - wonderful place to send your kids.
- Posted by Parent - rickm
We have been very pleased with the school. The parents are very involved. They focus on academics as well as developing character. Music, Art, Gym and Spanish are all part of the curriculum. Older children have basketball, soccer, volleyball and softball as well as non-sport extracurricular activities. The school plans family activities so you can get to know the children in your child's class as well as the other parents.
- Posted by Parent - megan
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.