St. Matthias Parish School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- St. Matthias School is a Catholic elementary school educating students from kindergarten through grade eight.
- St. Matthias School has been dedicated to the spiritual, intellectual, social and physical development of children since 1851.
- The school offers a sequential curriculum that sets high expectations and prepares students to become productive members of a global society.
- St. Matthias School believes in a Catholic Christian community where a living faith is at the center of spiritual and intellectual development.
- We acknowledge individual uniqueness and strive to provide opportunities for the students to achieve their full potential.
- Our teaching focuses on each student's spiritual, moral, intellectual, psychological, physical and social development.
- We recognize the responsibility of the parents, students and parish community to instill a lifelong commitment to God by mirroring the gospel values through worship and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||424 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,415|
|Tuition Notes||Additional fees include Education Fee, Playground Fee, Technology Fee, and Archdiocese Fee|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 276 students
3132 S 63rd St
Milwaukee, WI 53219
- MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 264 students
341 E Norwich St
Milwaukee, WI 53207
- MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 376 students
1747 N 54th St
Milwaukee, WI 53208
- MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 297 students
1810 W Bolivar Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53221
- GreendaleGrades: PK-8 | 449 students
6000 W Loomis Rd
Greendale, WI 53129
I have 2 children at St. Matthias and it's a nurturing environment. The teachers work with them one on one and area always available for questions parents may have. I encourage anyone looking to set up a personal tour and observe a class in action - wonderful place to send your kids.
- Posted by Parent - rickm
We have been very pleased with the school. The parents are very involved. They focus on academics as well as developing character. Music, Art, Gym and Spanish are all part of the curriculum. Older children have basketball, soccer, volleyball and softball as well as non-sport extracurricular activities. The school plans family activities so you can get to know the children in your child's class as well as the other parents.
- Posted by Parent - megan
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.