Journeys Lutheran School
Centered in Christ, Journeys Lutheran School prepares students with unique learning challenges to maximize their God-given spiritual, academic, physical, emotional and social potential. Our school works to offer a therapeutic setting for students and to individualize learning to maximize the talents of our students. We offer small classrooms, coupled with art therapy and music therapy with an emphasis on fine arts and movement.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 3-11
- Students: 83 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,000
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
autism, LD, mild CD, ADHD, mild EBD
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 31%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Due to the Special Needs Scholarship Program (for students with IEP's) and the Choice Programs, families have alternatives to paying tuition.
- Journeys Lutheran School (JLS) provides faith based special education programs through Teacher Consultant services, Resource Rooms located in Milwaukee in Lutheran grade schools as well as self-contained classrooms for students in grades 3-11. Self-contained classrooms include the use of Art Therapy, Music Therapy and counseling. Classrooms focus on art-integration and movement with the use of a sensory room, motor lab, and art therapy studio.
Endorse Journeys Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.
Should You Send Your Child to Private Primary or High School?
If you had to choose when to send your child to private school, would you send her to private school for the primary grades or high school?
SAT test prep takes time to do properly. We explore some of your options here.