Martin Luther High School
Tel: (507) 436-5249
Martin Luther High School Photo #5 - Students develop a servant-heart and give back to the community.
Honoring Christ...Welcoming All Martin Luther High School, empowered by the Gospel of Jesus Christ in partnership with family and congregations, provides Christ-centered training and nurturing to help young people excel academically and lead active Christian lives. The Vision of Martin Luther High School is to be an exemplary Lutheran Eduational ministry. All full or part-time students in grades 9-12 are welcome.
Students of all faiths are welcome to attend. All students are required to take four years of Religious instruction and attend daily chapels and/or Bible Studies.
Martin Luther High School students` successes in the classroom are evident through scores on the ACT assessment test.
The ACT is a national college admission exam that tests students in English, mathematics, reading and science.
MLHS students' ACT scores are consistently been 3 to 5 points higher than state and national averages.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||PSEO English Composition, PSEO English Lit, PSEO Physics, PSEO Speech|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||30% of families receive tuition assistance. The cost of tuition should never prevent a teen from attending.|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Marksmanship, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Honor Society (NHS), Newspaper Staff, Spirit Club, Student Council, Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club Love in Action, Drama Productions
- The pursuit of excellence is at the fore-front of all that we do at Martin Luther High School. Students are well-prepared to step into the role of Christian adult leaders. Nearly one hundred percent of MLHS graduates attend post-secondary educational institutions. In addition to a full offering of high school courses, MLHS offers several PSEO and Advance Placement courses. Foreign languages include Spanish I, II, III. Electives offered are: Accounting, Ag, Art, Band, Choir, Music Theory, Broadcast Communications and Work Experience. Martin Luther High Schools offers a variety of extra-curricular activities which include several boys and girls sports, fine arts, music, journalism and student government.The student/teacher ratio of 7/1 facilitates student success and encourages student achievements.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Martin Luther High School is Neuhof School (27.4 miles away)
The nearest elementary school and preschool is St. James Lutheran School (0.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairmont Grades: PK-8 | 60 students
108 S James St
Fairmont, MN 56031
(507) 436-5289 0.1 PK-8
- Fairmont Grades: PK-8 | 121 students
201 Oxford Street
Fairmont, MN 56031
(507) 238-9492 6.3 PK-8
- Fairmont Grades: PK-6 | 119 students
911 S Prairie Ave
Fairmont, MN 56031
(507) 235-5304 6.4 PK-6
- Truman Grades: PK-8 | 51 students
114 E 4th St N
Truman, MN 56088
(507) 776-2801 6.6 PK-8
- Winnebago Grades: PK-6 | 59 students
211 6th St Nw
Winnebago, MN 56098
(507) 893-3600 13 PK-6
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.