Martin Luther High School
- Martin Luther High School, empowered by the Gospel of Jesus Christ in partnership with family and congregations, provides Christ-centered training and nurturing to help young people excel academically and lead active Christian lives. The Vision of Martin Luther High School is to be an exemplary Lutheran Eduational ministry. All full or part-time students in grades 9-12 are welcome.
- While MLHS students are primarily LCMS Lutheran Christian, students of all faiths are welcome to attend.
- All students are required to take four years of Religious instruction and attend daily chapels and/or Bible Studies.
- Martin Luther High School students` successes in the classroom are evident through scores on the ACT assessment test.
- The ACT is a national college admission exam that tests students in English, mathematics, reading and science.
- For the past several years, MLHS students' ACT scores have consistently been 3 to 5 points higher than state and national averages.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||PSEO English Composition, PSEO English Lit, PSEO Physics, PSEO Speech,|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||30% of families receive tuition assistance|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Marksmanship, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Honor Society (NHS), Newspaper Staff, Spirit Club, Student Council, Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Adventure, Drama Club Love in Action, Drama Productions
- The pursuit of excellence is at the fore-front of all that we do at Martin Luther High School. Students are well-prepared to step into the role of Christian adult leaders. Nearly one hundred percent of MLHS graduates attend post-secondary educational institutions. In addition to a full offering of high school courses, MLHS offers several PSEO and Advance Placement courses. Foreign languages include Spanish I, II, III. Electives offered are: Accounting, Ag, Art, Band, Choir, Music Theory, Broadcast Communications and Work Experience. Martin Luther High Schools offers a variety of extra-curricular activities which include several boys and girls sports, fine arts, music, journalism and student government.The student/teacher ratio of 7/1 facilitates student success and encourages student achievements.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- NorthropGrades: PK-8 | 60 students
Po Box 315
Northrop, MN 56075
- FairmontGrades: PK-8 | 189 students
201 Oxford Street
Fairmont, MN 56031
- FairmontGrades: PK-6 | 134 students
911 S Prairie Ave
Fairmont, MN 56031
- TrumanGrades: PK-8 | 53 students
114 E 4th St N
Truman, MN 56088
- Vernon CenterGrades: K-8 | 26 students
49894 132nd Street
Vernon Center, MN 56090
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.