St John The Evangelist School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The mission of St. John the Evangelist Parish School is to provide an academic education that is founded on the Catholic faith.
- Its teachers model and nurture a sense of values and morals as an extension of the home.
- In a caring atmosphere it provides for the development of each student spiritually, intellectually, morally, emotionally and physically.
- It promotes respect and appreciation for the uniqueness and dignity of each individual as taught by Jesus Christ in the Gospel.
- St. John the Evangelist is an elementary school founded on strong Catholic values and tradition.
- We offer your child an education you can have faith in.
- Our educational philosophy is based upon care for the whole child - mind, body and spirit.
- We offer your child a role model - Jesus - as a formational standard for how we live and interact with others.
- To promote academic success, our teachers work in conjunction with our Learning Resource Coordinator to meet the needs of all learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||183 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Grades: K-8 | 339 students
4224 W Ruby Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53209
(414)871-1224 9.6 K-8
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 190 students
3126 S 41st St
Milwaukee, WI 53215
(414)649-4730 3.2 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 204 students
5140 N 55th St
Milwaukee, WI 53218
(414)438-2745 10.2 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: K-9 | 154 students
5501 N 68th St
Milwaukee, WI 53218
(414)466-0470 10.5 K-9
6 of my 9 children have graduated from St. John's and are doing very well in high school and post high school. The support we have received from the school to instill an attitude of gratitude, respect, love, kindness, a strong work ethic and accountability for one's learning and behavior has been amazing. I am very grateful for this strong, Catholic community.
- Posted by Parent - Momof9
Agreed! St John is an incredible school. My 5k student can already read!! Fine job. Now they really should think about adding a summer camp, the grounds and building are perfect to support one.
- Posted by Parent - laura
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.