Messiah Lutheran School
- As a parent, you want your child to grow up with beliefs that are consistent with your family's values.
- Messiah School provides an environment where Christian ideals are lifted up as children learn about the world that God has created for them.
- Children and families learn that they have an alternative to the values and lifestyles that are commonly demonstrated in popular culture.
- In the process, they are taught that they are loved, they have a purpose in life, and that it is possible to live with Christian character in a modern world.
Messiah Lutheran School places among the top 20% of private schools in Nebraska for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||256 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Heather Haniszewski|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
K-Kids Student Leadership Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance, Sonshine Choir
- Providing the gift of faith, knowledge and direction is one of the most important things we do for our children. You make a significant investment in your child when you pick a Christian day school for their formal education. It is an investment in eternity for your child and for those with whom they will connect throughout their life!
- At Messiah, your child will be equipped for success in all aspects of life. Not only will they achieve great things in their coursework, but they will also grow to be outstanding young Christian leaders along the way, viewing their world through a Christ-centered lens.
- We look forward to welcoming your family to Messiah, growing together, working together, celebrating together, and serving together.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lincoln Grades: PK-8 | 519 students
1940 S 77th St
Lincoln, NE 68506
(402)489-0341 0.5 PK-8
- Lincoln Grades: PK-K | 36 students
121 Skyway Rd
Lincoln, NE 68505
(402)489-0872 1.5 PK-K
- Lincoln Grades: 9-12 | 1224 students
6000 A St
Lincoln, NE 68510
(402)488-0931 1.8 9-12
- Lincoln Grades: NS-8 | 378 students
7601 Vine St
Lincoln, NE 68505
(402)486-1860 2 NS-8
- Lincoln Grades: PK-12 | 243 students
5240 Calvert St
Lincoln, NE 68506
(402)483-1181 2.6 PK-12
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.