Missoula Valley Montessori
- Missoula Valley Montessori provides an outstanding Montessori education to students aged 2 through third grade.
- We create a welcoming, nurturing environment which guides children in reaching their full potential.
- At MVM we create a setting where children are valued and honored, families feel welcome and honored, and the community is enriched by our presence.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Please visit our website for details.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for details.|
|Admissions Director||Kim Mead or Catherine Reilly|
- Our goal is to provide a welcoming, nurturing Montessori environment for young children, which guides them in reaching their full potential. MVM strives to create a setting where children are valued and honored; the families feel welcome and informed and the community is enriched by our presence. Through keen observation, a well-prepared environment and our commitment to lifelong learning, we provide an exceptional Montessori education. We are dedicated to instilling in the children respect for the environment, honesty in relationships and compassion for those around them.
- The primary tenet in the Montessori philosophy is that all children are unique, capable individuals who are to be respected as different from adults and from one another. They all carry within themselves the adult they will one day become. Through years of research and keen scientific observation, Dr. Montessori came to profound conclusions. At MVM we adhere to these tenets: a well prepared environment with attention to sequence, order, beauty and detail; the finest Montessori materials which instill independence, concentration and self correction and teachers who are keen observers, fully trained and well prepared. At MVM your child will be supported not just academically, but socially and emotionally as well.
Profile last updated:
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.