Missoula Valley Montessori
Missoula Valley Montessori provides an outstanding Montessori education to students aged 2 through third grade.
We create a welcoming, nurturing environment which guides children in reaching their full potential.
At MVM we create a setting where children are valued and honored, families feel welcome and honored, and the community is enriched by our presence.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 92 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Please see our website for details.
Summer Program Cost Notes
Please visit our website for details.
Kim Mead or Catherine Reilly
- Our goal is to provide a welcoming, nurturing Montessori environment for young children, which guides them in reaching their full potential. MVM strives to create a setting where children are valued and honored; the families feel welcome and informed and the community is enriched by our presence. Through keen observation, a well-prepared environment and our commitment to lifelong learning, we provide an exceptional Montessori education. We are dedicated to instilling in the children respect for the environment, honesty in relationships and compassion for those around them.
- The primary tenet in the Montessori philosophy is that all children are unique, capable individuals who are to be respected as different from adults and from one another. They all carry within themselves the adult they will one day become. Through years of research and keen scientific observation, Dr. Montessori came to profound conclusions. At MVM we adhere to these tenets: a well prepared environment with attention to sequence, order, beauty and detail; the finest Montessori materials which instill independence, concentration and self correction and teachers who are keen observers, fully trained and well prepared. At MVM your child will be supported not just academically, but socially and emotionally as well.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Missoula Valley Montessori offer a summer program?
Yes, Missoula Valley Montessori offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
When is the application deadline for Missoula Valley Montessori?
The application deadline for Missoula Valley Montessori is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Missoula Valley Montessori. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.