Montessori School Of Casper
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 53 students
- Average class size: 28 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- The Montessori School of Casper's Preschool through Kindergarten program, for children ages three to six, offers a carefully prepared environment that stimulates the development of independence, concentration, sequential thought, and controlled movement. The Montessori philosophy is built upon the idea that "A child's work is to create the person she/he will become." Children are born with special mental powers which aid in the work of their own construction. But they cannot accomplish the task of self-construction without purposeful movement, exploration, and discovery of their environment. They must be given the freedom to use their inborn powers to develop physically, intellectually, and spiritually. A Montessori classroom provides this freedom within the limits of an environment which develops a sense of order and self-discipline. The Montessori method is a child-centered educational method for children, based on theories of child development originated by Italian educator Maria Montessori in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The Montessori method is characterized by an emphasis on self-directed activity on the part of the child and clinical observation on the part of the teacher, often called a guide. It stresses the importance of adapting the child's learning environment to his or her developmental level, and of the role of physical activity in absorbing abstract concepts and practical skills. Key to this development is the use of self-correcting materials for introduction and learning of various concepts.
My husband and I couldn't be more pleased with this wonderful school! Our daughter started at 3 yoa and is about to graduate kindergarten from MSC. She is reading, writing in both cursive and print, has an extremely diverse vocabulary (last week she told me all of the parts of a spider and what "buoyant" means ;)) Best of all, she loves to go to school and has been embraced and loved for three amazing years. Ms. Debbi and Ms. Carmen (as well as their classroom assistants) are amazing teachers and have given our daughter a magnificent foundation for her education. MSC is a parent-run co-op. How cools is that? Getting a direct say in the education your child receives - priceless! Our daughter also participated in after-school Spanish two days per week through the school. There is after-school daycare available until 5:30 and scholarships are available for families who qualify. You MUST check out this amazing school!!!
Endorse Montessori School Of Casper. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.