Montessori School Of Casper
5.00 (1 review)
- Nurturing a love of learning to last a lifetime! Montessori School of Casper is an AMI-recognized Montessori preschool through kindergarten program for children ages 3 to 6. Call today to observe in one of our classrooms!.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||28 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The Montessori School of Casper's Preschool through Kindergarten program, for children ages three to six, offers a carefully prepared environment that stimulates the development of independence, concentration, sequential thought, and controlled movement. The Montessori philosophy is built upon the idea that "A child's work is to create the person she/he will become." Children are born with special mental powers which aid in the work of their own construction. But they cannot accomplish the task of self-construction without purposeful movement, exploration, and discovery of their environment. They must be given the freedom to use their inborn powers to develop physically, intellectually, and spiritually. A Montessori classroom provides this freedom within the limits of an environment which develops a sense of order and self-discipline. The Montessori method is a child-centered educational method for children, based on theories of child development originated by Italian educator Maria Montessori in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The Montessori method is characterized by an emphasis on self-directed activity on the part of the child and clinical observation on the part of the teacher, often called a guide. It stresses the importance of adapting the child's learning environment to his or her developmental level, and of the role of physical activity in absorbing abstract concepts and practical skills. Key to this development is the use of self-correcting materials for introduction and learning of various concepts.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Casper Grades: PK-8 | 54 students
2300 S Hickory St
Casper, WY 82604
(307)234-6865 1.8 PK-8
- Casper Grades: 1-8 | 9 students
2657 Casper Mountain Rd
Casper, WY 82601
(307)235-2859 1.8 1-8
- Casper Grades: 6-11 | 20 students
2521 E 15th St
Casper, WY 82609
(307)472-2267 1.9 6-11
My husband and I couldn't be more pleased with this wonderful school! Our daughter started at 3 yoa and is about to graduate kindergarten from MSC. She is reading, writing in both cursive and print, has an extremely diverse vocabulary (last week she told me all of the parts of a spider and what "buoyant" means ;)) Best of all, she loves to go to school and has been embraced and loved for three amazing years. Ms. Debbi and Ms. Carmen (as well as their classroom assistants) are amazing teachers and have given our daughter a magnificent foundation for her education. MSC is a parent-run co-op. How cools is that? Getting a direct say in the education your child receives - priceless! Our daughter also participated in after-school Spanish two days per week through the school. There is after-school daycare available until 5:30 and scholarships are available for families who qualify. You MUST check out this amazing school!!!
- Posted by Parent - kungp
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.