OLM PREP Photo #3 - OLM Prep Cougar PRIDE is our guide for our code of conduct expectations for everyone, every day.
- A private, independent school (A Non-diocesan school) that values excellence in educating the whole child- mind, body and spirit.
- We have small class sizes that places the focus on individual student learning.
- Our school community is warm, supportive and based on a positive school climate.
- We pride ourselves in a positive school culture where students are excited to come to school and teachers thoroughly love teaching!
- We celebrate excellence in all that we do here at OLM Prep.
OLM PREP places among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dsylexia, learning differences of struggling students|
|Total Students||127 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(OLM Prep school uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,350|
|Tuition Notes||Flexible terms to pay over 10 months.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Admission Team|
|Admissions Associate||Office Staff|
|Endowment Size||$1 million|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Intramural Sports Only, Sailing, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBallet, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Indoor Soccer, Intramural Sports Only,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, First Lego League Robotics Team, Sewing Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance and Arts, Drama productions, Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- OLM Prep`s Mission is to nurture children into kind, thoughtful, and creative innovators, who have a thirst for knowledge and can synthesize their learning to become our future leaders. Our curriculum is innovative and delivers outstanding results for each and every student.
- Our class sizes allow our highly qualified teachers to teach to individual needs of every child. We provide educational services to all students encouraging their unlimited potential educationally, socially and personally. We excel at happiness for each child and our teachers are certified educators with Master Degrees in their discipline.
- Each and every day provides the opportunity for personal and educational growth that far exceeds family expectations.
- We love our students and it shows!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- East Haven Grades: NS-8 | 142 students
35 Bishop St
East Haven, CT 06512
(203)467-1606 14.2 NS-8
- Madison Grades: 7-12 | 110 students
175 Copse Rd
Madison, CT 06443
(203)245-2778 0.9 7-12
- Hamden Grades: PK-8 | 431 students
1601 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
(203)248-3114 17 PK-8
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.