Pontiac Christian School
- Pontiac Christian School serves students from 3 year olds through 8th grade, representing 12 different churches in the area.
- Our mission is to aid parents in leading children to academic, spiritual, physical, and social truth.
- At Pontiac Christian School, we value academic excellence with a spiritual foundation that includes moral instruction, education for strong family values, critical thinking skills, and strong communication skills provided in an optimal learning environment.
- PCS is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International, the Illinois Elementary School Association and the Illinois Coalition of Non-Public Schools.
- The purpose of Pontiac Christian School is to assist parents in guiding their children towards academic, spiritual, physical, social and emotional maturity.
- We strive to graduate students who are prepared for the academic rigors of higher education and who have the Christian character and faith to live their lives for Jesus Christ.
- The heart of our school is the teachers who serve as the "Living Curriculum." Our dedicated and experienced staff is devoted to the success of each student and they provide their students with a daily example of Christian love and faith.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,300|
|Tuition Notes||For Kdg-8th. Lower for PreK.|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Scholastic Bowl|
- The PCS faculty members are selected not only for their teaching ability and academic background, but also because of their walk with the Lord, godly lives, and desire to help strudents grow spiritually. Under their direction, students have the opportunity to learn to be led by the Holy Spirit, to develop Christian lifestyles, to be submissive to authority and to the Lord Jesus Christ and to be trained for positions of Christian leadership in the marketplace. It is an ever-present goal to prepare our students for life beyond the walls of our school.
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.