St Marys School
- St. Mary's School, Pontiac, Illinois, is a coeducational Catholic elementary school affiliated with St. Mary's Parish and the Peoria Diocese.
- It is a grade school that is committed to the teaching of the Catholic faith and values from kindergarten through eighth grade.
- It is a caring community where the Pastor, Commission on Education, administrator, teachers, and parents work together to ensure that children receive the finest possible education through a progressive program emphasizing religious education, basic skills, academic excellence, the fine arts, and physical fitness.
- St. Mary's School is a Catholic co-educational community where human culture and knowledge illumined by Faith is shared and where students are helped to develop a sense of God, a sense of responsibility, a sense of direction, and a sense of mission.
- The faculty assumes the responsibility of assisting the parents, who are the prime and foremost educators of the child, in educating the whole child while preserving each child's own individuality and uniqueness.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||177 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(See handbook on website)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates are reviewed every spring and are subject to change yearly. Please call the school for current fees.|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Sharon A. Warfield, Principal|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Band, Chorus, Junior High Youth Group, Math Team, Scholastic Bowl, Speech Team, Student Council|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PontiacGrades: PK-8 | 42 students
18034 N 2100 East Road
Pontiac, IL 61764
- OdellGrades: K-9 | 72 students
300 S West St
Odell, IL 60460
- FlanaganGrades: 7-12 | 22 students
15161 N 400 East Rd
Flanagan, IL 61740
- DwightGrades: 1-12 | 36 students
401 N Clinton St
Dwight, IL 60420
- StreatorGrades: PK-8 | 126 students
410 S Park St
Streator, IL 61364
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.