River Hills Christian Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
- Thank you for taking the time to learn more about River Hills Christian Academy, a classical, Christian school. Classical schooling at River Hills emphasizes phonics-based reading instruction, a thinking approach to learning math, and early exposure to fine literature, world history, and the grand story of the Bible.
- In short, the curriculum will introduce even our youngest students to the richness of Western civilization and the many contributions that Christian people have made to our history and way of life..
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||89 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki bottoms, navy and white polo with school logo, plaid skirts and jumpers)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Shayla Floyd|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- River Hills Christian Academy seeks to serve Jesus Christ and the Christian community as a distinguished school. We value children as God's image bearers. We encourage their growth with a focused educational environment, a biblically based curriculum, and an individually oriented classroom experience. We believe that the best preparation for life is the knowledge of the truth, an open invitation to place one's faith in Christ, and the practical skills to make a difference in the world.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Robstown Grades: PK-8 | 139 students
203 Dunne Ave
Robstown, TX 78380
(361)387-3814 5.2 PK-8
- Corpus Christi Grades: NS-12 | 162 students
9550 Leopard St
Corpus Christi, TX 78410
(361)241-4460 8.6 NS-12
- Corpus Christi Grades: PK-5 | 113 students
2526 Soledad St
Corpus Christi, TX 78416
(361)884-9142 17.4 PK-5
- Corpus Christi Grades: PK-5 | 108 students
1218 Comanche Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
(361)883-3873 17.9 PK-5
- Corpus Christi Grades: PK-K | 56 students
1509 Tarlton St
Corpus Christi, TX 78415
(361)884-3582 18.1 PK-K
We have attended RHCA for 4 years and have been blessed with a wonderful experience. Our child has grown academically, spiritually, and personally, and we love the individualized attention given to each child. The classical education provides a foundation that allows the students to receive an integrated education and develop a love for learning, which we have seen reflected in our daughter. Excellent school!
- Posted by Parent - alatom
Our children are attending RHCA & absolutely love it!! They are learning so much academically & spiritually. I can't say enough good things about the staff. They truly care about each & every student. They have made such a huge impact on the students!!
- Posted by Parent - jadezimmer
My son is learning so much. The staff is so helpful and I can see that they really care about each student. I am so impressed with this school-- definitely worth every penny!
- Posted by Parent - Hjmw5
I have two boy that attend River Hills Christian Academy. This school uses the Classical Method with a Biblical worldview. Spanish is taught in all classes and the facility are certified teachers. This is a top notch school and you will not be disappointed. Call Principal Shayla Floyd today at 361.933.1114 to schedule a tour.
- Posted by Parent - joshu
River Hills Christian Academy was an answer to our prayers. I have two children enrolled and am beyond pleased.
- Posted by Parent - lando
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.