Riverstone International School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Riverstone International School Photo #2 - Riverstone International School's Elementary School Campus. The Middle School and High School are also located on our 14 acre campus in Southeast Boise.
Riverstone International School Photo #3 - The Elementary School rafts the Main Payette within the first few weeks of school as part of our Outdoor Education program. This is a wonderful way for students, teachers, and parents to get to know each other while enjoying Idaho's beauty.
Riverstone International School Photo #4 - The average SAT score by Riverstone students exceeds state and national averages. Our PSAT scores also exceed state and national averages.
Riverstone International School Photo #5 - Riverstone students may join our soccer, volleyball, basketball, and ski/snowboard teams. Academic clubs for Science Bowl, Model United Nations, and more also are optional.
Riverstone International School Photo #6 - Learning by asking questions and exploring new subjects is the focus of the International Baccalaureate Programmes. Class sizes are small in order to maximize the student-teacher interactions.
Riverstone International School Photo #7 - Teachers who know our students incredibly well make attending Riverstone a personal experience. At graduation, each student is individually spoken about and also speaks, reflecting on their time at Riverstone.
Riverstone International School Photo #8 - Art and music are taught by subject area specialists. Students take both art and music from preschool through Grade 10. In Grade 11, students choose between art, music, and drama for their two-year Diploma Programme.
Riverstone International School Photo #9 - Riverstone has a very strong sense of community. In the photo, this Elementary Student and father are attending the Senior Art Show.
- Riverstone International School is a community that inspires the journeys of preschool through high school students.
- Riverstone enrolls day students in preschool through grade 12 and residential students in grades 9 through 12.
- As Idaho's first International Baccalaureate authorized institution, Riverstone International School offers the Primary Years Programme, Middle Years Programme, and Diploma Programme.
- The school is one of only 17 schools in the United States authorized to offer all three IB programmes.
- Academic excellence, international understanding, community and service, leadership by example, and outdoor education form the foundation of our educational philosophy.
- Riverstone is a Malone Scholar School, chosen by the Malone Family Foundation to offer scholarships to motivated students with financial need who are entering grades 7+.
- See www.riverstoneschool.org for more information about Malone Scholarships and other financial aid opportunities. We appreciate your interest in Riverstone International School!.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||338 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||IB Diploma Programme: Biology, IB Diploma Programme: Business and Economics, IB Diploma Programme: Chemistry, IB Diploma Programme: English, IB Diploma Programme: French, IB Diploma Programme: Math (Higher & Standard Level), IB Diploma Programme: Math Studies, IB Diploma Programme: Music, IB Diploma Programme: Physics, IB Diploma Programme: Spanish, IB Diploma Programme: Theatre Arts, IB Diploma Programme: Theory of Knowledge, IB Diploma Programme: United States History, IB Diploma Programme: Visual Art, IB Diploma Programme: World Religions, International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme|
|Average SAT score||1420|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition and fees vary by grade level. Please see http://www.riverstoneschool.org/admissions/tuition-fees/|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rachel Pusch|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Taylor|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Snowboarding, Soccer, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Model United Nations, National History Day, Science Bowl: High School, Science Bowl: Middle School, Student Council: Elementary School, Student Council: High School, Student Council: Middle School
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama: Middle & High School, Music Ensembles: High School, Music Ensembles: Middle School, Rotating After-School Activities: Elementary & Middle School
- Riverstone offers both day and residential programs. Day students: Preschool - grade 12; Residential: grades 9-12.
- Riverstone offers students and families small class sizes and a strong sense of community.
- Riverstone offers Malone Scholarships for motivated students with financial need entering grades 7+. Learn more details at www.riverstoneschool.org
- 100% of Riverstone graduates are accepted into colleges and universities, nationally and internationally.
- The average PSAT and SAT scores for Riverstone students exceed state and national average scores. Riverstone students meet or exceed international averages on the International Schools Assessment tests.
- College counseling begins in Grade 9 and provides individual attention to each student. Grade 11 students tour colleges in the Pacific Northwest as part of the college counseling program.
- Twenty six countries are represented within our student and staff.
- Outdoor activities/trips include rafting the Payette and Main Salmon rivers, as well as exploring Yellowstone National Park, and McCall Outdoor Science School. Starting in Grade 8, students backpack through the Sawtooth and White Cloud Mountains, Hells Canyon, Grand Gulch (UT), and along Sheep Creek. Winter activities include ice skating, nordic skiing, alpine skiing and snowboarding, snowshoeing, overnight yurt trips, and overnight snow cave trips.
- Optional summer travel opportunities are offered for students entering grade 8 and up (Washington, D.C. and Europe).
- Riverstone was recognized as the 2009 Governor's Brightest Star for Schools in recognition of our commitment to service to others.
- Before- and after-school care is available.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boise Grades: PK-9 | 173 students
601 South 9th Street
Boise, ID 83702
(208)331-9260 5.5 PK-9
- Omaha Grades: NS-12 | 440 students
400 N Happy Hollow Blvd
Omaha, NE 68132
(402)556-3772 1035.8 NS-12
It is the People, the Place and the Culture of caring and learning that matters Riverstone International School has all that to offer to its students. As one of the proud parents, it brings great confidence that we can turn over the workplace, and our society to leaders coming from students graduating at Riverstone International School, where a great inspiration towards collaborative learning and service to community is clearly demonstrated.
- Posted by Parent - anura
Riverstone was a great environment for our son who really thrived in the small classroom setting, with a rigorous academic curriculum and with teachers who were truly mentors throughout his 8 years there. Riverstone is the best educational opportunity presented to students in Idaho and beyond. I have taught in public and private schools and so, as a former teacher and as a parent, I can say that Riverstone has its vision, mission and act together.
- Posted by Parent - cecil
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.