Sacred Heart School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (860) 887-1757
- Sacred Heart School promotes strong Christian Values, provides sound Academic Development and fosters positive Individual Growth and Self-Discipline.
- We instill within our students a commitment to Community involvement and Christian Service built upon the foundation of the teachings of Jesus.
- We strive to help students look at their world through the eyes of faith, confident that God knows them and loves them and expects much from them.
- Sacred Heart School also fosters a family type atmosphere where each child is known and valued as an individual.
- We strive to help each student become more respectful, responsible and resourceful.
- This translates into students who are respectful toward adults and each other, responsible for their personal behavior and their academic work and resourceful problem solvers.
- In short, we try very hard to support the Catholic values that you as parents are teaching at home.
- In Catholic schools we have learned to do a lot with a little.
- We have remained focused on our main mission - a sound moral focus and solid academic achievement.
- At Sacred Heart we also strive to make students aware of the world at large and encourage them to respond to the needs of other people, the sick and suffering in their own families and neighborhoods as well as those in third world countries or the victims of natural disasters.
- We recognize that taking a moral, gospel based stand on issues in our world today is counter-cultural.
- We are swimming upstream - but we have to.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||170 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,400|
|Tuition Notes||This cost reflects a K - 8 student who the first or only in the family and is not affiliated with any Catholic parish.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$750|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mother Christina Van Beck|
|Admissions Associate||Trish Phillips|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross CountryBasketball, Cross Country,|
- Students in Pre-K to Grades 8 are accepted to Sacred Heart School. A desire to achieve and possessing the self-discipline to excel are the main ingredients to success here at Sacred Heart.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltic Grades: PK-8 | 58 students
10 School Hill Rd
Baltic, CT 06330
(860) 822-6141 3.7 PK-8
- Putnam Grades: K-9 | 154 students
23 Marshall St
Putnam, CT 06260
(860) 928-7046 25.6 K-9
- Vernon Rockville Grades: K-8 | 70 students
20 School St
Vernon Rockville, CT 06066
(860) 875-0475 29 K-8
I am a grandmother to two boys. One graduated this year. I have had many compliments on my boys for their manners and fantastic personalities and I am positive it is because of the wonderful education they have received from this school. They are asked where they go to school and always tell them proudly of Sacred Heart. Brian did well and I am sure he has the basis to carry his Catholic education from this school to his new school in East Lyme and on to college. Thank you to all the wonderful teachers that I have met over the years there. They are the best.
- Posted by Parent - pcher
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.