St James School
- St. James School offers a variety of educational programs combined with Catholic doctrine and values.
- Our program begins with a flexible pre-school programs and extends to the middle school block-schedule format.
- Curriculum is enhanced with religious education, physical education, music, art, and Spanish All combine to provide a solid value based educational program.
- Saint James School, a Catholic, Christian community, sees its primary focus of education to be holistic in nature.
- In addition to its promotion of academic excellence, we at St. James believe in the power of Catholic education to transform the lives of its students, and in its ability to empower those students to be ever present signs in our world today that God is truly with us, as we strive to integrate the spiritual with the academic, social and emotional well-being of each student.
- First and foremost in our goals is the development and nurturance of each child's gift of faith.
- Through meaningful celebrations of the sacraments, and a conscious effort at inculcating the principles of our Catholic faith, we encourage our students to choose wisely in their dealings with themselves and others, and to share willingly their beliefs both in and out of the school environment, and to believe strongly in the power of prayer, a constant thread woven throughout the entire school day.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||226 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform for varied grade levels)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,150|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition scale for families and separate rate for PreKindergarten|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Band, National Junior Honor Society, National Student Council, Robotics|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ansonia Grades: PK-8 | 200 students
51 N Cliff St
Ansonia, CT 06401
(203)734-0855 69.2 PK-8
- Baltic Grades: PK-8 | 61 students
10 School Hill Rd
Baltic, CT 06330
(860)822-6141 16.6 PK-8
- Bridgeport Grades: PK-8 | 226 students
521 Brewster St
Bridgeport, CT 06605
(203)334-5856 82.4 PK-8
- Bristol Grades: PK-8 | 197 students
335 Center St
Bristol, CT 06010
(860)582-8696 55 PK-8
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.