St. James School
- St. James School offers a variety of educational programs combined with Catholic doctrine and values.
- Our program begins with a flexible pre-school programs and extends to the middle school block-schedule format.
- Curriculum is enhanced with religious education, physical education, music, art, and Spanish All combine to provide a solid value based educational program.
- Saint James School, a Catholic, Christian community, sees its primary focus of education to be holistic in nature.
- In addition to its promotion of academic excellence, we at St. James believe in the power of Catholic education to transform the lives of its students, and in its ability to empower those students to be ever present signs in our world today that God is truly with us, as we strive to integrate the spiritual with the academic, social and emotional well-being of each student.
- First and foremost in our goals is the development and nurturance of each child's gift of faith.
- Through meaningful celebrations of the sacraments, and a conscious effort at inculcating the principles of our Catholic faith, we encourage our students to choose wisely in their dealings with themselves and others, and to share willingly their beliefs both in and out of the school environment, and to believe strongly in the power of prayer, a constant thread woven throughout the entire school day.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||221 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniform for varied grade levels)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,150|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition scale for families and separate rate for PreKindergarten|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Band, National Junior Honor Society, National Student Council, Robotics Art Club, Band, Robotics, National Junior Honor Society,
National Student Council,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PascoagGrades: PK-8 | 126 students
180 Sayles Avenue
Pascoag, RI 02859
ProvidenceGrades: 7-12 | 1478 students
612 Academy Ave
Providence, RI 02908
BalticGrades: PK-8 | 77 students
10 School Hill Rd
Baltic, CT 06330
PutnamGrades: K-9 | 154 students
23 Marshall St
Putnam, CT 06260
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?