St Mary St Joseph School
- St. Mary - St. Joseph School educates in an atmosphere of love and respect for “J.O.Y.” (Jesus, others, yourself).
- As a bi-parochial Catholic school, we challenge our students to develop their God-given talents and intellect.
- Through His Word and by our daily example, we nourish their spiritual growth.
- We are committed to providing students in grades pre-K through eight from Windham and the surrounding towns with a challenging academic program emphasizing Gospel values.
- We teach so that students will meet the future with a firm foundation of knowledge, skills and faith.
- As educators of the Catholic faith we strive to teach Gospel values, pray with the students, and serve as models of responsible caring adults of faith.
- Understanding that education is a life-long process, we strive to instill in students the specific skills and self-discipline necessary to achieve academic success now and in the future.
- Realizing that our students are the leaders of tomorrow, we celebrate the uniqueness of each child, and we hold as our sacred mission to help each child develop his or her own God-given talents and gifts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||155 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltic Grades: PK-8 | 61 students
10 School Hill Rd
Baltic, CT 06330
(860)822-6141 9.2 PK-8
- Mansfield Center Grades: PK-6 | 64 students
132 Pleasant Valley Road
Mansfield Center, CT 06250
(860)456-1031 1.9 PK-6
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.