5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (229) 924-4406
- Southland Academy's campus is located on a beautiful 55-acre campus in Americus, GA. Today, Southland has four-year kindergarten through twelfth grade on the Americus campus.
- The nine building education complex includes a four-year kindergarten building, a five-year kindergarten building, an elementary building, a junior high building, a high school building, a media center, a music facility, a cafeteria, and two gymnasiums.
- The purpose of establishing the school was to make available a quality educational program for those who seek such a challenge, to expose the student to a Christian atmosphere that is conducive to learning, and to provide all the facets of education upon which good citizenship is founded.
- Fundamental classroom activities are presented to the student so that he can analyze problems, can perform before his peers, and can achieve distinction as an individual.
- Led by well-trained, highly qualified teachers, the student is encouraged to participate to his fullest capacity toward achieving the educational background he needs to prepare him for a productive adult life.
- In addition to regular classroom study, the student has opportunities afforded to him in club work, athletics, music and oratory so that his education will be well rounded and complete.
|School Type||Vocational/Technical School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||647 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
We moved to Americus and found our dream, Southland. We had 2 children to graduate and move on to college, Both have excelled beyond our dreams. We loved the family atmosphere and closeness of the kids and faculty. We came to Southland from another private school in Macon. Southland's tuition was HALF. Best deal in the State!! Very Happy Southland Family.
- Posted by Parent - bigti
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.