SS Peter & Paul Catholic School
- Saints Peter and Paul School is the primary educational ministry of Saints Peter and Paul Parish.
- Since 1865, the school has existed to serve the youth of our parish, and to help parents in passing on the Catholic faith to their children.
- At present, our program includes a preschool, kindergarten, and grades 1 through 8.
- We serve the students, parents and the community of Saints Peter and Paul and neighboring communities.
- We strive to help families pass on the knowledge, beliefs, and traditions of the Catholic faith to their children; to provide an atmosphere of caring and respect for each human person regardless of race or ethnic origin; to create an environment which encourages academic excellence, and the development of individual talents and abilities; and to work in partnership with families, to instill Christian values, and guide children toward becoming responsible, caring adults.
- We strive for academic excellence in all curricular areas, the development of a positive self-concept, and good moral values.
- In order to help each child develop to his or her fullest potential, we believe in the shared responsibility of students, parents, teachers, administrators, and pastors.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||340 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waterloo Grades: 9-12 | 211 students
501 Columbia Ave
Waterloo, IL 62298
(618) 939-3883 0.6 9-12
- Columbia Grades: PK-8 | 381 students
321 S Metter Avenue
Columbia, IL 62236
(618) 281-5353 8.2 PK-8
- Millstadt Grades: PK-8 | 142 students
412 W Washington St
Millstadt, IL 62260
(618) 476-3510 9 PK-8
- Smithton Grades: PK-8 | 83 students
10 S Lincoln St
Smithton, IL 62285
(618) 233-0581 9.9 PK-8
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-8 | 495 students
6611 Christopher Dr
Saint Louis, MO 63129
(314) 846-0506 11.2 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.