St Dominic Elementary School
Tel: (630) 739-1633
- St. Dominic School is a Catholic Christian education community and an active part of the local Churches, St. Dominic and St. Francis, and the Diocese of Joliet.
- It provides its students with an integration of quality education and experiences in Christian worship and living through a functional curriculum which addresses all aspects of a person's growth and development in a technological society.
- Students are encouraged and challenged to develop their spiritual, academic, emotional, social and physical potentials.
- A natural outgrowth of this development is that students become viable, active witnesses to Jesus by hearing the Word in worship, proclaiming the Word in action, actively participating in the community parish lives of St. Dominic and St. Francis parishes, and committing to Christian service.
- With the active involvement of parents, who are the primary educators, we arrive to achieve our distinctive purpose: to create a school community where human culture and knowledge, enlivened by faith is shared in a family atmosphere among parents, priests, teachers, students and the parish family faith communities and organizations in a spirit of freedom and love.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lemont Grades: PK-8 | 211 students
20w145 Davey Rd
Lemont, IL 60439
(630) 783-2220 1.7 PK-8
- Woodridge Grades: K-8 | 237 students
7720 Janes Ave
Woodridge, IL 60517
(630) 985-2515 3.3 K-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.