St Joseph Grade School
- St. Joseph School mission is to provide a quality Catholic education, respectful of individual differences, by offering a personalized, interactive curriculum that promotes mastery of communicative, technological, creative, scientific and social skills, whose foundation is Christ and His teachings.
- We believe that Christ is the reason for St. Joseph School.
- He is the unseen but ever present teacher in our classes, the model for our faculty, the inspiration of our children and their parents.
- This quality Catholic education builds the self esteem of our students and prepares them to be future Catholic leaders in both our parish and community.
- We strive to provide a program of academic excellence in which students learn self-discipline and respect for others while developing a strong, positive self-image while at worship, study, work or play.
- Through a variety of teaching methods, instruction involves pupils in critical thinking yet is sequential, flexible, challenging and success-oriented.
- We believe that it is essential for parents and faculty to be partners in this shared venture through open and honest communication, mutual respect, and shared trust.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spring Green Grades: PK-5 | 59 students
209 N. Washington St.
Spring Green, WI 53588
(608)588-2021 15.3 PK-5
- Darlington Grades: K-4 | 28 students
730 Wells St
Darlington, WI 53530
(608)776-3710 19 K-4
- Mount Horeb Grades: PK-K | 79 students
211 Parkway Drive
Mount Horeb, WI 53572
(608)437-4121 19.7 PK-K
- Darlington Grades: 2-12 | 8 students
15691 County Road K
Darlington, WI 53530
(608)482-3018 20.5 2-12
- Plain Grades: PK-8 | 111 students
1290 Nachreiner Ave
Plain, WI 53577
(608)546-2963 22.3 PK-8
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.