St Mary School
- St. Mary's School has been an integral part of our community for over 120 years.
- We celebrated our centennial in 1982-83. The first school was in the basement of the old church.
- The church was downtown in the area of Dr. Meacham's office.
- The first Sisters came from came from Manitowoc in 1882 and in 1894 the La Crosse Franciscans came to teach and still do so today.
- St. Mary's School was formerly called St. Joseph School and it had a High School connected with it.
- It closed in 1936 when a fire destroyed the first school.
- The school was rebuilt in 1937. In 1961 the new addition was built, and in 1986 the newest addition was built.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mosinee Grades: 9-12 | 59 students
601 Maple Ridge Rd
Mosinee, WI 54455
(715)693-2693 8.6 9-12
- Wausau Grades: K | 18 students
5201 Lilac Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
(715)355-0908 10.3 K
- Wausau Grades: PK-12 | 101 students
225 S 28th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
(715)842-0797 11.2 PK-12
- Rothschild Grades: PK-5 | 117 students
602 Military Rd
Rothschild, WI 54474
(715)359-9662 11.2 PK-5
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.