St Mary School
- St. Mary's School has been an integral part of our community for over 120 years.
- We celebrated our centennial in 1982-83. The first school was in the basement of the old church.
- The church was downtown in the area of Dr. Meacham's office.
- The first Sisters came from came from Manitowoc in 1882 and in 1894 the La Crosse Franciscans came to teach and still do so today.
- St. Mary's School was formerly called St. Joseph School and it had a High School connected with it.
- It closed in 1936 when a fire destroyed the first school.
- The school was rebuilt in 1937. In 1961 the new addition was built, and in 1986 the newest addition was built.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mosinee Grades: 9-12 | 59 students
601 Maple Ridge Rd
Mosinee, WI 54455
(715)693-2693 8.6 9-12
- Wausau Grades: K | 18 students
5201 Lilac Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
(715)355-0908 10.3 K
- Wausau Grades: PK-12 | 101 students
225 S 28th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
(715)842-0797 11.2 PK-12
- Rothschild Grades: PK-5 | 117 students
602 Military Rd
Rothschild, WI 54474
(715)359-9662 11.2 PK-5
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.