St Marys Episcopal School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Mary's is a Parish Day School, partnered inministrywithitsnamesake, St. Mary's Episcopal Church, Edmond,OK.Thepurposeofthe School is to provide for the education,enrichmentandspiritualnurture of its students.
- At St. Mary's, webelievethateach year ofthe educational journey provides studentsthelifelongtools neededto succeed as adults by educating thewholechild -intellectually,spiritually, socially and physically.OurMission:To ProvideQuality Academic Programs in anEnvironmentFosteringRespectforFaith, Family, Others and Self. http://www.smesedmond.org http://www.facebook.com/smes1977.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||164 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Language Arts, Math, Science|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress uniform on Wednesday; Casual uniform on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool 3-Day Half Day $3,130 Preschool 5-Day Half Day $5,274 Preschool 3-Day Full Day $5,274 Preschool 5-Day Full Day $8,130 Pre-Kindergarten Half Day $5,274 Pre-Kindergarten Full Day $8,130 Kindergarten $8,796 1st-5th Grade $9,084|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kelly Guinn|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Cheering, Cross Country, SoccerArchery, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Parent Organization
Arts and Music Programs:
Art After School, Encore I and Encore II
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery Team, Cross Country, Pep Squad
- Our school culture is reflected in our worship,ourhighstandardsof expectation, through service projects, andourparentinvolvement.The climate of St. Mary`s School isreflectiveofa commitment to ourstated mission. Students, theirfamilies,staffmembers, and all thosewho enter our doors arevaluedandrespected.
- From the preschool years to upper elementary,teacherstakethetime to set examples of how classmates, parents,andstaffshouldbe treated.We have found that taking extra timetodiscussandmodel these behaviors during the younger years setsthestageforrespectful attitudes later.There is a "St.Mary`s Way"toguide allof our students to becomeresponsible, caring peopleinthisworld.We teach to thewhole child, allowing thespiritual,socialand emotional aspectsof our students` learning tosit side bysidewithacademics.
- At St. Mary`s School, it is very important thatallchildrenandadults respect the dignity of others.Manyparents,whosechildrenleave St. Mary`s School uponcompletion of their timehere,statethat it is this quality ofrespect for all people,instilledintheir child as a result oftheir St. Mary`sexperience,thatconstitute the greatestbenefit to their child.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Edmond Grades: PK-12 | 271 students
1101 E 9th St
Edmond, OK 73034
(405)488-6478 2.7 PK-12
- Oklahoma City Grades: K-12 | 105 students
3200 N Walker
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
(405)525-5600 12.9 K-12
I have been very pleased with St. Mary Episcopal. I have a 2nd grader and a 6th grader. We homeschooled prior to SME and decided on SME due to the small class size. They have recently added 6-8 and it is indeed a 'safe'' middle school experience. My kids love it. The curriculum is challenging and the classes small enough to ensure not only everyone understands but that those that do are challenged further. The teachers know every student in the school, not only in their class. The upper grades have the same teachers from year to year for individual subjects. It's nice knowing that my daughter will have the same math teacher next year. I like that continuity. There are plenty of opportunities for extra-curriculars such as; percussion, theatre, archery, etc.. We are half way into the year and they have already had a full term of photography, been sculling at the OKC Boat House, and a theatre performance. It's the best kept secret in Edmond!
- Posted by Parent - tbham
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.