St. Mel Catholic School
Tel: (313) 274-6270
- St. Mel Elementary School recognizes that parents have the primary responsibility to educate their children.
- In partnership with them and the larger St. Mel community, the faculty and staff endeavor to develop all students' spiritual, academic, social, emotional, and physical potential.
- We serve our mission by providing a compassionate, nurturing atmosphere in which students develop a solid moral character, realize their fullest potential and share their gifts with others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Redford Grades: PK-8 | 200 students
27201 W Chicago
Redford, MI 48239
(313) 937-1655 1.4 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.