St Thomas More Catholic
- St. Thomas More School is a faith based community that provides for the well-rounded development of the whole child.
- Our school community strives to create a spirit of love, understanding, and inquiry that nurtures each child in pursuing an agenda of spiritual development, positive self-awareness, and academic excellence.
- Since opening its doors in 1957, our school has been assisting thousands of individuals in becoming responsible, productive and respected members of society.
St Thomas More Catholic places among the top 20% of private schools in District of Columbia for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Coalition of Girls
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 48%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Tuition Notes||Application: $50 per family. Registration: $100 per child not to exceed $300.00 for a family of 3 or more siblings.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Diedre Shuler|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Program until 6 pm, Basketball, Cheerleading, D.C Reads - Afterschool Program, Extended Care (AM and PM), Flag Football, Instrumental Music, Living Classroom Afterschool Program (Grades 6-8), NIH Internship, Partnership with Georgetown University School of Nursing, Premier Gospel Choir, Safety Patrol, Student Government Organization|
- Over the past 3 years our First Grade class scored in the 90 % on our standardized test.
- All our Kindergarten students read at or above First Grade by the end of the school year.
- Our Students make charitable donations of over $1000 cash annually.
- Our 8th graders provide community outreach to the needy through clothing drives and other similar project. Each 8th grade student is required to provide 150 service hours of community service prior to graduation.
- All our 8th grade students are accepted in private high schools of their choice.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: NS-8 | 240 students
2700 O Street S.E.
Washington, DC 20020
(202)581-2010 3.6 NS-8
- Washington Grades: 3-8 | 134 students
1901 Mississippi Ave Se Ste 203 2nd Fl
Washington, DC 20020
(202)678-1113 1.8 3-8
- Washington Grades: NS-12 | 127 students
3742 Ely Pl SE
Washington, DC 20019
(202)575-0027 4.8 NS-12
- Washington Grades: PK-12 | 162 students
5000 14th St Nw
Washington, DC 20011
(202)722-5555 8.8 PK-12