Templeton Academy DC
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 52 students
- Yearly Tuition: $15,550
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
Chess Club, Math Club, Student Government, Theater Club
- Our mission is to revolutionize access to student agency by nurturing young people from all backgrounds into purposeful adults who use their gifts in a way that brings them joy and serves others.
- We have an average class size of 10, and our school will never exceed 150 students. Students and teachers, as well as peers, are able to develop strong relationships that lead to more effective learning. Each student develops a Learning Journey that guides their academic experience over their years at Templeton with an end goal to discover their gifts and how they can be used in a way that brings them joy and serves others.
- Our 4 programitic pillars include:
- 1) The City is Our Classroom
- Learning isn`t limited to a desk or a classroom; and we believe school shouldn`t be either. Actually, we think the most meaningful learning often comes from being out in the world and interacting with community members which is why we say the "city is our classroom." That means we spend as much time out of the classroom as possible, doing everything from partnering with local community organizations to solve real-world problems to writing plays in the shadow of famous theaters and doing in-depth research at renowned museums and cultural centers.
- 2) Project-based Learning is Our Method
- We focus our classes on big questions that make us think. We use a rigorous learner-centered instructional method called Gold Standard Project Based Learning that allows our students to learn key content in STEM and the humanities by engaging with complex, meaningful questions like: (example). Through allowing our students space for voice and choice, multiple opportunities for revision and reflection, and clear expectations, our students create beautiful, high-quality work beyond what they could have imagined.
- 3) Core Advisory is our Heart
- We are more than a college-prep school; we are a purpose-driven school. Our Core Advisory program is the heart of our school. Through meaningful relationships with their Advisor and their peers, students engage in innovative curriculum that helps them delve deep into who they are--their strengths, interests, and values-and graduate with not just an acceptance letter to a university of their choice, but with a strong sense of purpose that will help them be resilient through life`s challenges.
- 4) Affordability is Our Design
- We are committed to racial and socioeconomic diversity and inclusion. We strongly believe in the power of intentionally diverse environments to build compassionate and wise humans who are poised to become positive changemakers in society. As such, we have created our model to be sustainable at a price point significantly lower than the average tuition for independent schools in our metropolitan areas.
- A visit is the best way to understand what makes Templeton unique and whether we might be a fit for you. I look forward to meeting you soon!
Endorse Templeton Academy DC. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards