The New School
5.00 (3 reviews)
The New School has gone 1:1 in 1st through 8th grades. Our students in 1st through 4th grades each have an iPad to use that they can take with them to all of their classes. In Middle School, each student is assigned a MacBook Air, which is an essential part of most of their academic pursuits.
Our Head of School, Dennis Chapman and The New School Cheerleaders introduce our new mascot, Newton!
Gardening is very important at The New School. We believe our students should know where their food comes from and have experience in the process first hand. We have numerous gardens throughout campus and use the harvest in our daily meals.
The Tinkering Studio is a shared workshop where parents, teachers and students (Pre-K through 8th grade) explore learning that combines science, technology, engineering, and art in playful and inventive ways, encouraging students to tinker, experiment, and be creative!
- The New School is a coeducational, independent school with more than 400 students from one-year-olds to upper school.
- The School`s mission as an independent school is dedicated to inspiring a love of learning and empowering students to reach their potential for academic achievement, creativity and citizenship.
- The New School is located on a spacious 25-acre campus at 2514 New School Place in beautiful Fayetteville, Arkansas.
- In 2015, TheBestSchools.org (TBS) awarded The New School first ranking on the prestigious 50 Best Private Elementary Schools national list. The school was named the top school for its academic excellence, extracurricular richness, geographic and demographic diversity and reputation. The New School was also awarded The Very Best Middle School from Celebrate Magazine through community voting.
- A 35,000 sq. ft. Academic Center, 8,000 sq. ft. Innovation Center, and 18,000 sq. ft. Athletic Center will open Fall 2017.
- In 2014, the school added a 350-seat auditorium, 12 new spacious preschool classrooms, an expansive creative play center and gross motor center, increased and renovated space for all programs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-10|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP Human Geography, AP World History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by division. Tuition and fee schedules available on the website.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Associate||Valerie Lynch|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art & Ceramics, Choir/Band, Computers, Drama/Acting, Girl Scouts, MathCounts, Piano, Quiz Bowl, Violin|
- Established in 1971, The New School is a coeducational, independent school with more than 400 students from one-year-olds to upper school. The School`s mission as an independent school is dedicated to inspiring a love of learning and empowering students to reach their potential for academic achievement, creativity and citizenship. The New School is located in the heart of Fayetteville, Arkansas, part of the larger Northwest Arkansas community. Our 26 acre campus includes 4 buildings, 4 playgrounds, a 350 seat auditorium, a dance studio, an outdoor amphitheater, an expansive creative play center and a large wooded area. We are also a certified Natural Wildlife Habitat. A 35,000 sq. ft. Academic Center, 8,000 sq. ft. Innovation Center, and 18,000 sq. ft. Athletic Center opened Fall 2017.
- Number of students: 440
- Ages taught: 12 months-Upper School
- Our families represent 33 states and 23 different countries.
- Faculty: 63 full time, 52 part time
- Administrators: 7
- Staff: 11
- Our students are provided with a wide-array of daily Enrichment activities. All students, beginning with 3-year-olds, are provided lessons in Spanish, Art, Music, and Physical Education.The afterschool program furnishes further opportunities in both Arts and Athletics, with offerings including Ceramics, Dance, Violin, Piano, Guitar, Choir, Disc Golf, Yoga, and Basketball.
- ISACS (The Independent Schools Associational of the Central States)http://www.isacs.org
- ANSAA (Arkansas Nonpublic School Accrediting Association)http://www.ansaa.com
- Arkansas Better Beginnings: 3 starhttp://www.arbetterbeginnings.com
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- FayettevilleGrades: NS-6 | 300 students
57 E Township St
Fayetteville, AR 72703
- SpringdaleGrades: PK-12 | 1036 students
1707 Johnson Rd
Springdale, AR 72762
- SpringdaleGrades: PK-1 | 163 students
1800 W Emma
Springdale, AR 72762
- RogersGrades: PK-8 | 308 students
1315 W Cypress St
Rogers, AR 72758
- FayettevilleGrades: NS-K | 112 students
57 W Colt Square Dr
Fayetteville, AR 72703
The New School has been a home away from home for our family over the past decade .The nurturing environment, strong academic curriculum, and great teachers are what truly set The New School apart. The New School has encouraged my daughters to be independent thinkers and excel both academically and in extracurricular activities. Without a doubt, The New School is the best option for families in Northwest Arkansas.
- Posted by Parent - Suguna Kalyan
The New School is by far the most innovative, nurturing, challenging place for my child. I can't say enough good things about The New School. Their care and training has transformed my son's learning experience, where he feels confident to strive for the best he can be. Thank you, New School!
- Posted by Parent - Lauri
I have 3 children who attend The New School in Fayetteville, Arkansas. We have been through pre-school, elementary, and junior high. The teachers are the most valuable asset the school has. When they tell me how their day went, my kids faces light up about the teachers who influenced them so positively.We are currently involved in basketball, guitar, and piano, which are offered as extracurricular activities on The New School campus. Getting all the enrichment they can absorb at one location, which means I am not driving across town to several different lessons. They are learning Spanish, and 3-D printing, and how to support other children who are in need. They take field trips to watch drama productions, and to see our state capital, and to attend Space Camp. It's truly an incredible place for children to learn and grow.
- Posted by Parent - Amy Merryman
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.