The New School
5.00 (3 reviews)
The New School Photo #2 - Our graduates are confident and engaged learners who are prepared for continuing education or wherever life takes them.
The New School Photo #3 - The New School is located in the heart of Fayetteville, Arkansas, part of the larger Northwest Arkansas community. Our 26-acre campus includes 4 buildings, 4 playgrounds, athletic center, innovation center, tinkering studio, maker space, amphitheater, indoor auditorium and a large wooded area. We are also a certified Natural Wildlife Habitat.
The New School Photo #4 - At The New School, we promote a child`s social-emotional growth, intellectual development and creativity. Our children learn in a positive environment with careful direction and guidance from teachers who care and know each child. The New School is committed to selecting outstanding teachers and supporting our educators with the highest quality of professional development.
The New School Photo #5 - Our Athletic Center, developed in 2017, provides a state of the art Weight Training Facility and includes a full gymnasium.
The New School Photo #6 - Throughout each division, students are encouraged to pursue music and art to become curious and creative learners.
The New School Photo #7 - We start our students out with music class beginning in preschool where they learn to creatively express their emotions in an environment that is safe and encouraging.
The New School Photo #8 - The New School has gone 1:1 in 1st through grade 12. Our students in grades 1 through 4 each have an iPad to use that they can take with them to all of their classes. In grades 5 through 12, each student is assigned a MacBook Air, which is an essential part of most of their academic pursuits.
The New School Photo #9 - Using STEAM education, our students will leave The New School with a better understanding of their drive in engineering and encourage them to become lifelong learners who enable themselves as world citizens.
The New School Photo #10 - The Tinkering Studio is a shared workshop where parents, teachers and students in kindergarten through grade 4 explore learning that combines science, technology, engineering, and art in playful and inventive ways, encouraging students to tinker, experiment, and be creative!
- The New School is a coeducational, independent school with more than 400 students from one-year-olds to upper school.
- The School`s mission as an independent school is dedicated to inspiring a love of learning and empowering students to reach their potential for academic achievement, creativity and citizenship.
- The New School is located on a spacious 25-acre campus at 2514 New School Place in beautiful Fayetteville, Arkansas.
- In 2015, TheBestSchools.org (TBS) awarded The New School first ranking on the prestigious 50 Best Private Elementary Schools national list. The school was named the top school for its academic excellence, extracurricular richness, geographic and demographic diversity and reputation. The New School was also awarded The Very Best Middle School from Celebrate Magazine through community voting.
- A 35,000 sq. ft. Academic Center, 8,000 sq. ft. Innovation Center, and 18,000 sq. ft. Athletic Center will open Fall 2017.
- In 2014, the school added a 350-seat auditorium, 12 new spacious preschool classrooms, an expansive creative play center and gross motor center, increased and renovated space for all programs.
- New School in Fayetteville celebrates first graduates - 05/16/2020 - FAYETTEVILLE -- A pandemic couldn't stop The New School from holding its first high school graduation ceremony, albeit in a different way than was originally planned.
Friday's ceremony ...moreallowed family members to watch their seniors receive diplomas while respecting social-distancing guidelines. Six boys and five girls make up The New School's first graduating class. hide
- The New School Senior Recognized as National Winner for Technological Achievement - 01/17/2020 - The New School senior Natalie Friede was named winner of the National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) Award for Aspirations in Computing (AiC.)
- Lang listening, learning in first year at Fayetteville's New School - 01/06/2020 - FAYETTEVILLE -- Nancy Lang has been all ears in her first year as The New School's head of school.Lang has been on a "structured listening tour," holding small group ...moremeetings with parents, students and staff members to better understand the nearly 50-year-old private school, she said. hide
- Meet Nancy Lang - 11/04/2019 - Nancy Lang moved to Northwest Arkansas to be The New School`s head of school because of its educational philosophy."Students are known, valued and academically challenged. I love seeing curiosity, engagement ...moreand learning in action everyday," Nancy says.Nancy started her role as head of school on July 1, 2019. She says what she loves most about being part of The New School is the community. hide
The New School places among the top 20% of private schools in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$100|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||The cost of summer programming differs based on camps selected each week and student grade.|
|Total Students||415 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP Human Geography, AP World History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by division. Tuition and fee schedules available on the website.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,500|
|Admissions Director||Jack Sweeney|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel Bruton|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Golf, Mountain Biking,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Computers, Engineering Club, Girl Scouts, MathCounts, National Honor Society, Quiz Bowl, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art & Ceramics, Choir/Band, Drama/Acting, Piano, Rock Band, Violin
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Established in 1971, The New School is a coeducational, independent school with more than 400 students from one-year-olds to upper school. The School`s mission as an independent school is dedicated to inspiring a love of learning and empowering students to reach their potential for academic achievement, creativity and citizenship. The New School is located in the heart of Fayetteville, Arkansas, part of the larger Northwest Arkansas community. Our 26 acre campus includes 4 buildings, 4 playgrounds, a 350 seat auditorium, a dance studio, an outdoor amphitheater, an expansive creative play center and a large wooded area. We are also a certified Natural Wildlife Habitat. A 35,000 sq. ft. Academic Center, 8,000 sq. ft. Innovation Center, and 18,000 sq. ft. Athletic Center opened Fall 2017.
- Number of students: 440
- Ages taught: 12 months-Upper School
- Our families represent 33 states and 23 different countries.
- Faculty: 63 full time, 52 part time
- Administrators: 7
- Staff: 11
- Our students are provided with a wide-array of daily Enrichment activities. All students, beginning with 3-year-olds, are provided lessons in Spanish, Art, Music, and Physical Education.The afterschool program furnishes further opportunities in both Arts and Athletics, with offerings including Ceramics, Dance, Violin, Piano, Guitar, Choir, Disc Golf, Yoga, and Basketball.
- ISACS (The Independent Schools Associational of the Central States)http://www.isacs.org
- ANSAA (Arkansas Nonpublic School Accrediting Association)http://www.ansaa.com
- Arkansas Better Beginnings: 3 starhttp://www.arbetterbeginnings.com
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fayetteville Grades: PK-K | 108 students
57 W Colt Square Dr
Fayetteville, AR 72703
(479)443-3554 0.2 PK-K
The New School has been a home away from home for our family over the past decade .The nurturing environment, strong academic curriculum, and great teachers are what truly set The New School apart. The New School has encouraged my daughters to be independent thinkers and excel both academically and in extracurricular activities. Without a doubt, The New School is the best option for families in Northwest Arkansas.
- Posted by Parent - Suguna Kalyan
The New School is by far the most innovative, nurturing, challenging place for my child. I can't say enough good things about The New School. Their care and training has transformed my son's learning experience, where he feels confident to strive for the best he can be. Thank you, New School!
- Posted by Parent - Lauri
I have 3 children who attend The New School in Fayetteville, Arkansas. We have been through pre-school, elementary, and junior high. The teachers are the most valuable asset the school has. When they tell me how their day went, my kids faces light up about the teachers who influenced them so positively.We are currently involved in basketball, guitar, and piano, which are offered as extracurricular activities on The New School campus. Getting all the enrichment they can absorb at one location, which means I am not driving across town to several different lessons. They are learning Spanish, and 3-D printing, and how to support other children who are in need. They take field trips to watch drama productions, and to see our state capital, and to attend Space Camp. It's truly an incredible place for children to learn and grow.
- Posted by Parent - Amy Merryman
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.