Thresholds Young Adult Program
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (773) 472-3177
- The transition from teenager to young adult is difficult for everybody, and it's only made more so for young people with mental illness.
- Our Loren Juhl Young Adult Program, established in 1974, provides services for adolescents ages 16 to 21 with serious mental illness.
- Because this is such an important and complex period in one's life, Thresholds takes a comprehensive approach to recovery.
- We feel the skills and abilities learned at this age are essential to success as an adult member of a community.
- We take a comprehensive approach to service. Structure, behavioral management, and group processes are at the core of the Thresholds Young Adult Programs.
- In addition to traditional group and individual therapy, members may also receive vocational training and placement, educational services, and housing.
- Our professional staff designs individual treatment plans for each member based on their personal needs.
- And as we all know, young adults have very unique (and sometimes challenging) personal needs.
- Thresholds' School is a secondary education program designed specifically for young adults with mental illness.
- Established in 1969, the school helps students earn a high school diploma.
- We provide a therapeutic educational program for mentally ill and emotionally disturbed adolescents and young adults, many with learning disabilities.
- The student/teacher ratio is 5:1, which allows our teachers more time and energy to devote to students' individual needs.
- Because vocational training is an essential element to most of our recovery programs, it is important for these young adults to earn their diplomas and be thinking about how they can become self-sustaining and contribute to their communities.
- The Thresholds School is accredited by the North Central Association and is approved and licensed by the Illinois State Board of Education.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Laboratory Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||12 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Hello. My name is Brian M. I recommend this mental health school. I have skitzofrenia and, Struggling with a brain illness can be tough. If you suffer or know someone who suffers please get help.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - v21_z
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.