Tygart Valley Christian Academy was founded in 1994 by Dr. Curlie E. Ray.
Tygart Valley Christian Academy is a yearly registered Exemption K School with the West Virginia State Department of Education and the National Center for Education in Washington D.C. Fully accredited by the National Association of Private Schools located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Using the Accelerated Christian Education Program/Curriculum, we are a School of Tomorrow, providing a high tech, individualized learning experience.
Our commitment is to provide a Biblically based, educational opportunity to all children.
- Grades: 1-12
- Enrollment: 159 students
- Yearly Tuition: $210
- Acceptance rate: 100%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition includes books and transportation fee.
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
- Tygart Valley Christian Academy was founded in 1994 by Dr. Curlie E Ray Jr. Seeing a need, Dr. Ray began to work and seek training to help disadvantaged and advantaged children in Randolph and surrounding counties. From his vision T.V.C.A was formed.
- Tygart Valley Christian Academy is a yearly registered Exemption K School with the West Virginia State Department of Education in Charleston, WV and the U.S. Dept of Education National Center for Education Statistics in Washington D.C.
- Fully Accredited yearly by the National Association of Private Schools located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Located in historic Beverly, WV, T.V.C.A. has been providing a One on One Christian Based Education with High Academics and Traditional Values for over 18 years.
- Using the Accelerated Christian Education Program/Curriculum, we are a School Of Tomorrow, providing a high tech, individualized learning experience. Our commitment is to provide a Biblically Based, Educational Opportunity to all children. No matter their background.
- T.V.C.A. requires 30 or more credits to graduate, a higher level of learning. All students must achieve an 80% on each test taken in order to advance to the next level of learning."High Academics, Higher expectations, produce better trained students"
- High Character and SupportT.V.C.A. curriculum and staff is designed and trained to build character and self esteem in children. Rather advantage or disadvantage, students will not fall through the cracks or be pushed through school due to learning disabilities or behavioral problems. Students at T.V.C.A. aremade to feel as part of a family. No student is leftbehind.
- Together we achieve the extraordinary.It is the Place for your child to Begin Again.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Tygart Valley Christian Academy cost?
Tygart Valley Christian Academy's tuition is approximately $210 for private students.
What schools are Tygart Valley Christian Academy often compared to?
What is the acceptance rate of Tygart Valley Christian Academy?
The acceptance rate of Tygart Valley Christian Academy is 100%, which is higher than the national average of 89%.
What sports does Tygart Valley Christian Academy offer?
Tygart Valley Christian Academy offers 10 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Martial Arts, Volleyball, Weightlifting and Wrestling. Tygart Valley Christian Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in West Virginia for most sports offered.
When is the application deadline for Tygart Valley Christian Academy?
The application deadline for Tygart Valley Christian Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Tygart Valley Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.