Highland Adventist School
Highland Adventist School Photo #2 - We are big on nature education and lifetime, outdoor recreational skills to promote health and wellness.
Highland Adventist School Photo #3 - Our students will always remember their meeting with Senator Robert C. Byrd on the steps of the capitol.
Highland Adventist School Photo #4 - We go where the learning is--field trips provide outstanding learning opportunities for our students throughout the school year.
"Christ Centered, Student Focused" is our motto. If you are looking for a school with strong, Christian academics; safe and caring campus; personal attention; innovative teaching; and a hands-on approach to instruction, please let us tell you more about our school.
Weekly STEAM program for students in all grade levels.
We partner with parents to produce graduates with outstanding Christian leadership skills, lifetime fitness habits, strong academic abilities, and Christian values. A free admission packet is available upon request.
- Top Ranked WV School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 54 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,900
- Acceptance rate: 75%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Highland Adventist School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in West Virginia for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 9%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(Modest, simple business casual)
(Modest, simple business casual)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition varies depending on grade level. Work study available. Students may qualify for needs-based scholarships and should apply early.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Highland Chorus, Highland String Orchestra, Outdoor Skills Training Program, Pathfinders (Coeducational scouting), Student Association
Highland Adventist School is an innovative, accredited PK-12 school that prepares students for success. At H.A.S. you will find:
- Professional, certified, Christian teachers
- Students learning in a variety of settings. Our creative teachers provide meaningful and successful learning activities that include a wide variety of approaches such as field trips, guest speakers, labs, projects, student-led classes, active learning approaches, technology-based learning, some traditional classroom experiences and much more.
- Our location in the beautiful Potomac Highland region of West Virginia provides many outdoor learning and adventure opportunities, which we enjoy regularly. Hiking, biking, climbing, backpacking, canoeing, skiing, tubing, are some of the lifetime fitness activities we teach and participate in.
- Student leadership activities built in to the program.
- Christian values taught and practiced.
- Biblical worldview
- Student career and college readiness program for all high school students. Includes extended career shadowing internship for every high school student.
- STEAM program for all students PK-12
- Affordable tuition
- Workstudy and scholarships available
- Learning is fun at H.A.S.!!
My children both graduated from H.A.S. They are both successful adults... in their careers and in their lives and I believe a great deal of their success is because of the excellent education they received at H.A.S. I thank the Christian teachers and Christian church community that provide this education opportunity for our kids.
Endorse Highland Adventist School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.