Highland Adventist School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (304) 636-4274
Highland Adventist School Photo #2 - We are big on nature education and lifetime, outdoor recreational skills to promote health and wellness.
Highland Adventist School Photo #3 - Our students will always remember their meeting with Senator Robert C. Byrd on the steps of the capitol.
Highland Adventist School Photo #4 - We go where the learning is--field trips provide outstanding learning opportunities for our students throughout the school year.
- "Christ Centered, Student Focused" is our motto. If you are looking for a school with strong, Christian academics; safe and caring campus; personal attention; innovative teaching; and a hands-on approach to instruction, please let us tell you more about our school.
- Weekly STEAM program for students in all grade levels.
- We partner with parents to produce graduates with outstanding Christian leadership skills, lifetime fitness habits, strong academic abilities, and Christian values. A free admission packet is available upon request.
Highland Adventist School places among the top 20% of private schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||54 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 7%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Modest, simple business casual)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on grade level. Work study available. Students may qualify for needs-based scholarships and should apply early.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cheryl Jacko|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cycling, Flag Football, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cycling,|
Flag Football, Mountain Biking,
Rock Climbing, Softball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Highland Chorus, Highland String Orchestra, Outdoor Skills Training Program, Pathfinders (Coeducational scouting), Student Association|
Highland Adventist School is an innovative, accredited PK-12 school that prepares students for success. At H.A.S. you will find:
- Professional, certified, Christian teachers
- Students learning in a variety of settings. Our creative teachers provide meaningful and successful learning activities that include a wide variety of approaches such as field trips, guest speakers, labs, projects, student-led classes, active learning approaches, technology-based learning, some traditional classroom experiences and much more.
- Our location in the beautiful Potomac Highland region of West Virginia provides many outdoor learning and adventure opportunities, which we enjoy regularly. Hiking, biking, climbing, backpacking, canoeing, skiing, tubing, are some of the lifetime fitness activities we teach and participate in.
- Student leadership activities built in to the program.
- Christian values taught and practiced.
- Biblical worldview
- Student career and college readiness program for all high school students. Includes extended career shadowing internship for every high school student.
- STEAM program for all students PK-12
- Affordable tuition
- Workstudy and scholarships available
- Learning is fun at H.A.S.!!
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elkins Grades: K-11 | 9 students
400 Pike St
Elkins, WV 26241
(304) 591-4554 0.7 K-11
- Elkins Grades: PK-12 | 40 students
14 Brookside Drive
Elkins, WV 26241
(304) 591-4554 1.7 PK-12
- Elkins Grades: NS-PK | 50 students
1002 S Davis Avenue
Elkins, WV 26241
(304) 636-1550 2 NS-PK
- Elkins Grades: PK-9 | 16 students
450 RR 3
Elkins, WV 26241
(304) 636-9290 3 PK-9
- Beverly Grades: 1-12 | 159 students
347 Main St
Beverly, WV 26253
(304) 636-9780 7.5 1-12
My children both graduated from H.A.S. They are both successful adults... in their careers and in their lives and I believe a great deal of their success is because of the excellent education they received at H.A.S. I thank the Christian teachers and Christian church community that provide this education opportunity for our kids.
- Posted by Parent - Jean
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.