Top West Virginia Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 132 top private schools in West Virginia, serving 13,989 students.
- The average private school tuition is $4,884 for elementary schools and $5,229 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 89% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 6% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Highland Adventist School Photo - Many of our classes use a project-based approach to learning. It really works!
Our Lady Of Fatima Parish School Photo - Our Lady of Fatima School kicking off the 2016 Catholic Schools week with Governor Earl Ray Tomblin.
Tygart Valley Christian Academy Photo - Tygart Valley Christian Academy is located on the campus of Tygart Valley Ministries Beverly Community Church in beautiful Beverly, West Virginia.
Wood County Christian School Photo - Engage. Equip. Impact. WCCS exists to engage students' hearts while equipping their minds in order to impact the world for Jesus.
Top West Virginia Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools540 Students23% Minority
- 2 Schools68 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools15 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools752 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools12 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools371 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools20 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools387 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools18 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools587 Students3% Minority
- 7 Schools777 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools27 Students- Minority
- 7 Schools685 Students13% Minority
- 14 Schools2,079 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools159 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools130 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools234 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools180 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools66 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools32 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools211 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools113 Students4% Minority
- 4 Schools260 Students7% Minority
- 8 Schools1,173 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools57 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools161 Students2% Minority
- 9 Schools1,738 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools33 Students17% Minority
- 3 Schools603 Students2% Minority
- 7 Schools692 Students6% Minority
- 5 Schools319 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools10 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools111 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools4 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools121 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools330 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools2 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools886 Students5% Minority
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.