5.00 (1 review)
- Walbridge School educates children who struggle with specific learning disabilities such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, and ADHD.
- We provide small class sizes with a structured environment where children who need systematic, explicit instruction like Orton-Gillingham can succeed.
- Walbridge School offers a full day elementary through high school program emphasizing flexible multi-sensory teaching to meet each student's learning needs.
- Our specialized and personalized instruction is geared towards children with learning challenges such as dyslexia, dyscalculia, ADHD, or auditory processing disorders that get in the way of the student working towards their potential. Our program is not geared to work with children whose primary needs are emotional behavioral.
- We provide a stimulating and challenging learning environment with high expectations for each student to take ownership of their learning.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, ADHD, & Anxiety|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|Tuition Notes||Walbridge School offers financial assistance to qualifying families after application process.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Colleen Lourigan|
- 10:1 student to teacher ratio
- Structured systematic explicit instruction including Orton-Gillingham reading instruction
- Curriculum includes: Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Art, Music, Physical Education
- Technology Integrated: Each student is provided with a Chromebook for use throughout the school day.
- Financial scholarships available
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waunakee Grades: PK-12 | 450 students
5606 River Road
Waunakee, WI 53597
(608)850-6375 8.4 PK-12
- Madison Grades: K-8 | 259 students
5454 Gunflint Trl
Madison, WI 53711
(608)273-0309 5.9 K-8
- Madison Grades: PK-12 | 6 students
1109 Mendota St
Madison, WI 53714
(608)620-3525 9.8 PK-12
- Delafield Grades: 7-12 | 180 students
1101 Genesee Street
Delafield, WI 53018
(262)646-7199 55.5 7-12
Entrusting my kids to the staff at Walbridge is the best thing I could have done for them. They became kids who wanted to go to school, homework was not a chore and you could see that they were happy and feeling good about what they were able to accomplish.
- Posted by Parent - Mojol
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.