Altamont Lutheran Interparish School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 169 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,600
- Average class size: 19 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
ALIS is owned and supported by the four LCMS congregations in the Altamont area that make up the Association, namely Bethlehem, Immanuel, St. Paul (Blue Point), and Zion. The school is operated through a Board of Directors elected by the Association`s congregations.
High Quality Christian Education
- ALIS provides a top quality education with a special emphasis on Christian education.
- All teachers are state certified and on the commissioned roster of the LCMS.
- Parents are encouraged and assisted in "training up" their children in the Christian life through frequent teacher contact and parent conferences.
- Many graduates are recognized for their outstanding achievements during high school, both in academics and extracurricular activities.
- Spiritual training includes not only religion classes in all grades, but also emphasis in applying the Christian perspective in all subject areas and extracurricular activities.
- Devotions and prayer times are a normal part of the daily routine.
- Chapel services are held weekly.Lutheran Confirmation instruction is given in grades 7 & 8.
ALIS offers a challenging curriculum, and has dedicated, caring, Christian teachers who feel it is important for the children to see all of their lives from the perspective of God`s Word.
Core subjects at ALIS include Religion, English Language Arts, Literature, Math, Science, Social Studies, World History, Art, Music/Band, and Physical Education. The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod teachings are integrated throughout the curriculum. Technology is also integrated with 1 to 1 computing. Kindergarten through 4th grades have 1 to 1 iPad's, and grade 5-8 are 1 to 1 chromebooks. Smart technology is utilized daily in each classroom.
All students are encouraged to take part in extracurricular activities. These activities include the sports of basketball, volleyball, track, baseball, softball, and cheerleading. Band instruction is offered during the school day in conjunction with the local public school beginning in the 5th grade.
Students sing in local churches and nursing homes, participate in school musicals, and in marching band and talent shows.
Some added benefits-
- ALIS is fortunate to have strong parental support including an active PTL.
- Class size averages 1:20, with one classroom at each grade level from K-8.
- Public school bus transportation is provided within the Altamont district.
- Hot lunches are served daily at a nominal cost.
- ALIS enjoys a good working relationship with the public school system.
- Non-Lutherans and Lutherans are welcome to attend ALIS.
- Local Lutheran churches provide worship, Bible study and Sunday School opportunities.
- Community preschool education through Frog Pond Nursery School.
Endorse Altamont Lutheran Interparish School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards