American Heritage Academy
5.00 (6 reviews)
Tel: (702) 949-5614
American Heritage Academy exists for the purpose of providing a principle-based education that develops the mind and heart. Scholars will increase in faith, develop a love, understanding and appreciation for America and its Founding Fathers, make education a life-long pursuit and develop Christian character for a life of service and leadership.
American Heritage Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Nevada for:
- Category Attribute
- ACT Score Highest average ACT score
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||660 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, skirts, and cardigans)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Laurel Beckstead|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Leesa Barth|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Educational Travel, Math, Scholar Government, Speech and Debate
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Orchestra, Theatre
- Statement of Educational Philosophy and CommitmentAmerican Heritage Academy represents a partnership between the scholar, parents, teachers, administration, and staff. These partners are united in their commitment to the common objectives outlined in the school`s mission statement.American Heritage Academy takes very seriously its responsibility to promote the spiritual and academic development of its scholars; however, it also recognizes that parents are primarily and ultimately responsible for their children in this regard. Thus, parents at American Heritage Academy expect and appreciate direct and regular communication from the faculty con- cerning individual needs of their children. Reciprocally, teachers and administrators at American Heritage Academy expect parents to be responsive to requests and recommendations given to parents with respect to individual needs of their children.Academic excellence, along with responsible citizenship and character development, is of significant emphasis at American Heritage Academy. The core of our teaching is based upon a methodology developed by the Foundation for American Chris- tian Education (FACE), which implements a principle approach to education (see The Principle Approach). This approach provides opportunities to identify fundamental principles of Christian character for both academic education and spiritual growth in every subject and at every grade level.Teachers at American Heritage Academy take a tutorial approach to educa- tion in order to meet each scholar at his/her threshold of learning. Teachers prepare lessons and set expectations according to individual scholar ability.In addition to rigorous curriculum in the traditional subject areas such as mathematics, English, science, and history, the curriculum provides opportunities for individual and class participation in fine arts, visual arts, field trips, and annual school productions that enrich the educational experience at AHA.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Henderson Grades: NS-12 | 688 students
711 Valle Verde Court
Henderson, NV 89014
(702) 454-4056 0.8 NS-12
- Las Vegas Grades: PK-12 | 898 students
8601 Scholar Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89128
(702) 254-1610 14.1 PK-12
My children have attended AHA for 7 years. My quest was to find a school that would balance my children's development in all areas, not just academics, but character refinement as well. Social skills, faith, patriotism, and leadership are top priorities of mine, and of this schools. My children and I are constantly grateful that not only have we found what we were looking for in an education, but AHA proves to deliver so much more time and again with their dedicated vision to providing the best possible growth for this very special rising generation. Best of all, the scholars are truly loved, and they feel that love daily as they stretch and grow to meet new challenges, as true future leaders. I have every confidence that their amazing teachers and administrators will prepare my children for the college of their choosing, the campus is stunning, and the gym is the biggest school gym west of the Mississippi, litteraly. We are frequently surprised to find that we love this school more and more every year thanks to the loving inspiration of it's leaders.
- Posted by Parent - Rachel
This school provides love, joy, and inspiration every day. They provide us a family outside of family. My children love it and are learning so much.
- Posted by Parent - Dallan
American Heritage has prepared our highschool scholar for college, they have small class sizes, prep courses, along with leadership opportunities. This school has been amazing for our children. It has helped educate our children to take pride in their work and their community!
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer
I am an alumni student who graduated from American Heritage Academy a couple years ago but AHA has prepared me for college in countless ways. I love the environment, it is very peaceful and warm. The people are so kind and visiting the school even after I graduated brightens my day.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - becks
I''m so thankful for everyone at AHA. I''m currently a junior and this school has blessed my family in more ways than I can count. The academics are advanced, and teachers will work with you until you fully understand the concept they are teaching. Of the seven schools I have been to, this one has educated me unlike the other six. If you or your child are looking for a school, I promise you that AHA will not let you down.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kathy
Am absolutely thrilled with the job, the educators and staff, do at AHA. As a product of public school, my wife and myself, easily appreciate the outstanding presence AHA has become in the lives of our children. God bless you all for the dedication, each and every one of you exhibit.
- Posted by Parent - Corpj
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.