Top Nevada Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 187 top private schools in Nevada, serving 29,101 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,888 for elementary schools and $11,536 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 90% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 29% and the student:teacher ratio is 14:1.
The Alexander Dawson School at Rainbow Mountain Photo - At The Alexander Dawson School, parents play an important and active role in the school. The Dawson Parent Association supports classroom learning, as well as planning special events to enrich the lives of the students.
Foothills Montessori School Photo - Hands-on materials are used to reinforce abstract concepts, such as using counters for math applications.
Top Nevada Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 5 Schools541 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools77 Students9% Minority
- 117 Schools22,550 Students32% Minority
- 6 Schools421 Students13% Minority
- 1 Schools35 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools27 Students13% Minority
- 4 Schools174 Students20% Minority
- 52 Schools5,508 Students23% Minority
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.