5.00 (14 reviews)
Brookfield School Photo #2 - Our Annual Chautauqua provides our students excellent public speaking opportunities.
- Middle School Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YTylpw0qqI Elementary School Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia4NrTtk13k&t=3s Early Childhood School Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TmXBlXxOJM 40th Anniverary Video https://youtu.be/V6FaEgIx9mU Safest School In Reno News Interview: http://mynews4.com/news/local/it-takes-a-village-the-secret-to-what-could-be-the-safest-school-in-reno Brookfield School is a co-educational day school for 250+ students. Serving pre-school through eighth grade.
- The school was founded in Sacramento in 1962 and opened in Reno, Nevada in 1978, and serves a diverse student body.
- The school is committed to the educational needs of every child.
- Brookfield School is an academically challenging school with a learn-to-read, all day Kindergarten, which we call Pre-First.
- To meet the ever changing needs of our families, we have seperate Pre-School campus to serve our parents and introduce 1 to 4 year olds a more exciting and challenging , yet fun-filled day.
- It is a step above the typical pre-school curriculum.
- Our Before and After School Care is popular, growing program.
- In addition we have weekly sessions of Summer School that are relaxed and fun.
- It is designed to serve all students, to enrich the talented students, and to develop interest in the arts as well.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
National Independent Private Schools Association
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$2,750|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Range depending on schedule. Weekly rates average $275 a week.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average Percentile SSAT||85%|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki or Navy Pants, Red/white/blue collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,000|
|Tuition Notes||Varies from $6,000 - $14,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,400|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Karyn Murray|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Taylor Dorey|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Archery, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Snowboarding, Track and FieldAlpine Skiing, Archery,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Golf,
Snowboarding, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Chinese/Abacus, French, Homework Club, Lego Club, Robotics, Ski and Snowboard Club, Soccer Shots, Spanish, TaeKwon Do, Tumblebus
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Drama, Violin
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Flag Football Club, Girls on the Run
- Small Classrooms, Certified Teachers, and Safe secure school.
- Small Reading Groups in the classroom.
- Violin is part of the students day.
- Gifted and Talented Literature program using the "Junior Great Books"
- Accelerated Reading has dramatically increased students` reading comprehension skills by 1 to 2 grades since September. We are able to track progress using computer diagnostics.
- The PTA and individual parents have continued to improve the computer program by moving to "on-line" tests and adding books in the library. Students achieve reading awards.
- Daily writing is expected in journals, essays, research projects, poetry, creative writing.
- Emphasis on vocabulary development, literary appreciation and study skills. Reading and writing buddies with younger grade students providing mentoring opportunities.
- Singapore Mathematics JK-8th
- Small math groupings based on ability in 4th-8th grades.
- High School level and advanced math offering: Pre-algebra, Algebra 1 with Algebra 2 and Geometry.
- French/Spanish and Chinese instruction beginning in Pre-School - 8th grade.
- Spanish / Chinese instruction for 6th - 8th grades.
- Spanish Immersion every day for an after school program K-6th
- Emphasis on science by allocating class time daily, including a weekly "Hands-on-Science" for all grades.
- 6th 8th STEM and Science: Life, Physical, and Earth Science.
- Art emphasis school-wide.
- Outdoors daily up to PE four times a week 6th-8th.
- Athletics for Middleschool
- Music and Movement / Dance or Drama for movement offered.
- 6-8th PE programs introduction to sports on campus, and an optional program with Lakeridge Tennis Club; with a coach, swimming, tennis, racquet ball, weight training, etc,
- Since 2009 many great years of Our Chautauqua program is offered. This enhances students` public speaking skill, a skill that children gain through Chautauqua, declamations, poetry and oral classroom projects.
- Friendship and, character building, goal setting, personal values growth and conflict resolution classes.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Reno Grades: NS-8 | 94 students
565 Reactor Way
Reno, NV 89502
(775)348-6622 2.9 NS-8
- Reno Grades: NS-PK | 150 students
440 Reno Avenue
Reno, NV 89509
(775)329-2979 2.8 NS-PK
My favorite thing about this school is the middle school science. We do a lot of fun and interactive experiments.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Eziah
Brookfield is a very beautiful school. The school has great teachers and nice students and faculty. The education that I am getting at this school is top notch. We are very lucky to have a elementary school and a middle school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - A Student
This school is amazing, I have only been here for a few months and already love it!The curriculum is above mist schools, an average 8th grader would already be working on 9th grade work!As a student I know how important education is for my career, coming to this school I am guaranteed to be prepared for high school! I am so glad I have this amazing opportunity!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - DAN
The one thing that I love about this school is the subjects because the subjects that I do here are fun and easy and a little challenging but that's fine with me.I also like the teachers there too they'er very kind and give help when needed.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Faith
I like how you can learn a grade higher than what you normally learn at your grade level. When you learn a grade above it is very challenging but I like it. The people at this school are very nice to me too and I like how they would want to be my friends. This is my favorite school out of all of the schools I have went to. I would recommend this school to anyone that likes being challenged and who like to have a lot of friends. I love this school a lot and it is really amazing to have an opportunity to go here. It is very worth it.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Nadia Stephens
I love this school because i think that one on one student teacher connections help us learn better because then we can get to really understand what the topic in which we are learning is. With the small classes every one is friends here so we don't really have any problems with bullying. The education here is great we are learning about a year ahead most other public schools and if you are ahead the teachers will take the time to get you on a new course with harder work so every one here is challenged.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Kaitlyn
I have been at this school since pre-school (I'm in the middle school now), and I have learned many things here. from simple addition and reading to Cyber Security and Algebra. the school has a small number of students so the teachers are able to spend more time helping the students. the atmosphere at the school is almost never stressful, and everybody knows everybody. in total, I am sure that most children will benefit from this school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Wyatt S.
I loved this school ever since i came here i met a lot of nice good friends it have Been a great school and i have learned a lot from all my teachers it is awesome here and i hope to come here till 8th grade so far there is only 6 people in my class and i hope to meet more i have four teachers i have a math teacher a science teacher a math teacher and a teacher who teaches social studies literature and things like that.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Elaine wolf
I have been at this school for many years, and while I have been here I have seen this school grow greatly. Something I love about Brookfield is that they focus a lot on our learning and making sure that everyone is academically prepared for high school. Many students who graduate this school are put in to honors classes in high school and go far in college. Overall Brookfield is a great school and gives me a great opportunity to grow my learning, make new friends, and so much more.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Brookfield bear
As a Brookfield family starting in 2014, we have had such a great experience. The teachers our children have had at both the TLC Preschool Campus, as well as the main Elementary Campus have been the best. The smaller class sizes have provided more individualized attention, and our kids have absolutely flourished here. The academies are top notch. We love that music is integrated into the curriculum, and that art and physical education are also valued. My kids love that they get to eat outside in the fresh air when it's nice out, and that they have recess twice a day.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Camper
Great school ! I love working here!
- Posted by Teacher - Ms. Lynn
We have been at Brookfield School since Preschool as they have an early childhood campus that begins at 1 year of age. I have 2 kids both started in the Junior Kindergarten program and now are both in the elementary program and we plan to stay with Brookfield all the way through 8th Grade. My children read well beyond their years since they've been at Brookfield and they excel in Math & Science. They also love learning Chinese, Spanish & French along with Violin and Art. There is something for every student at Brookfield. Plus top notch security and a completely nut-free school. I highly recommend Brookfield School for the best in private education.
- Posted by Parent - Brookfield Parent since 2015
Brookfield offers an excellent, well-rounded, academic curriculum including art, music, and foreign languages. We really like the structure and accountability that is part of the Brookfield culture. Our daughter just started in the 2nd grade this year, and we are so pleased with the progress she has made in reading, spelling, and math in just the first few months. She has become so enthusiastic about reading, and that is exactly what we wanted! The assemblies, events, and other parent/PTA functions have been so welcoming to us as a new family. We highly recommend the Brookfield School!
- Posted by Parent - New Parent
I love teaching at Brookfield School. I have the ability to teach what my students need. Early Reading and Math fluency allows the student to use critical thinking skills, writing speaking skills in the classroom. I love teaching at Brookfield. My students and parents are wonderful.
- Posted by Teacher - 4701m
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.