Newton Learning Center
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Newton Learning Center is a non-public school licensed with the NV DOE for grades K-12.
- The program is designed for students diagnosed on the upper end of the Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or similar disabilities that can benefit from a more individualized approach to learning.
- The Newton Learning Center is a social-cognitive school that emphasizes on the areas of social-emotional learning and individualized academics.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism and similar|
|Total Students||17 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$850|
|Tuition Notes||Additional Ways to Cover Tuition: Placement at expense of local school district Opportunity Scholarships|
|Admissions Director||Rebecca "RJ" Larrieu|
- Our ultimate goal at the Newton Learning Center is to provide our students the appropriate skill set to successfully navigate the social realm. We pride ourselves in being able to see our students transition out of our school, back into a comprehensive learning environment, and continue to reach their full potential simultaneously. Many of our students find it difficult to concentrate for long periods of time in large mainstream school classrooms. Our school has a low student to staff ratio of 8:1. Our program is intensive and produces results.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Reno Grades: NS-PK | 90 students
4100 Caughlin Parkway
Reno, NV 89519
(775)747-6008 0.9 NS-PK
- Reno Grades: PK-K | 100 students
1070 W Plumb Ln
Reno, NV 89509
(775)826-4655 2.3 PK-K
- Reno Grades: NS | 11 students
1270 Foster Dr
Reno, NV 89509
(775)322-9030 2.6 NS
- Reno Grades: PK-K | 135 students
1080 Berrum Lane
Reno, NV 89509
(775)826-0977 2.6 PK-K
Although my child is very high functioning, he was not able to keep up with the social development of his peers. Once at Newton, he instantly felt at home. I can't speak highly enough about how dedicated the staff is to each child's growth socially, scholastically, and emotionally.
- Posted by Parent - Jim T.
The staff has worked very hard to restore my daughter's confidence. She knows she can accomplish anything if she sets her mind to it. They truly reach the ONE!
- Posted by Parent - Linda H.
Our stress level as parents has also dropped since we are relieved that our kids are in a safe and bully-free environment with accepting and caring peers and teachers.
- Posted by Parent - Janis & Kurt L
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.