Newton Learning Center
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (775) 358-0808
Newton Learning Center is a non-public school licensed with the NV DOE for grades K-12.
The program is designed for students diagnosed on the upper end of the Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or similar disabilities that can benefit from a more individualized approach to learning.
The Newton Learning Center is a social-cognitive school that emphasizes on the areas of social-emotional learning and individualized academics.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism and similar|
|Total Students||17 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$850|
|Tuition Notes||Additional Ways to Cover Tuition: Placement at expense of local school district Opportunity Scholarships|
|Admissions Director||Rebecca "RJ" Larrieu|
- Our ultimate goal at the Newton Learning Center is to provide our students the appropriate skill set to successfully navigate the social realm. We pride ourselves in being able to see our students transition out of our school, back into a comprehensive learning environment, and continue to reach their full potential simultaneously. Many of our students find it difficult to concentrate for long periods of time in large mainstream school classrooms. Our school has a low student to staff ratio of 8:1. Our program is intensive and produces results.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Vegas Grades: PK-12 | 121 students
6701 W Charleston Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89146
(702) 876-1181 340.9 PK-12
- American Fork Grades: K-12 | 33 students
100 N 100 W
American Fork, UT 84003
(801) 772-1092 431.1 K-12
Although my child is very high functioning, he was not able to keep up with the social development of his peers. Once at Newton, he instantly felt at home. I can't speak highly enough about how dedicated the staff is to each child's growth socially, scholastically, and emotionally.
- Posted by Parent - Jim T.
The staff has worked very hard to restore my daughter's confidence. She knows she can accomplish anything if she sets her mind to it. They truly reach the ONE!
- Posted by Parent - Linda H.
Our stress level as parents has also dropped since we are relieved that our kids are in a safe and bully-free environment with accepting and caring peers and teachers.
- Posted by Parent - Janis & Kurt L
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.