- Top Ranked NV School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 246 students
- Yearly Tuition: $4,950
- Acceptance rate: 99%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Math Enrichment, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Program, Talent Show
Recreational Athletic Programs:
CYO Annual Track Meet, Skiing Program
- To ensure a top level education and positive experience for our students, St. Teresa uses the latest teaching methods:
- Rotating middle school classes emphasize an integrated curriculum that reinforces subject matter throughout all content areas
- Accelerated Reading and Mathematics programs
- Electives are offered in the areas of art, music, sports, technology, and drama
- Art, music, drama, Spanish and physical education programs for all grades
- Eighth grade life skills training, focused on fostering positive decision-making skills and self-esteem
- Daily religious education focusing on Scriptures, Catholic teachings and values and their application in student and family life
- Classroom buddies which partner elementary students with middle school students to assist in social, religious and educational activities, bolstering self-confidence and enhancing unity among all classes in the school
Thanks to a grant received from the E.L. Wiegand Foundation, in 2008 we opened the E.L. Wiegand Knowledge Center which includes:
- State of the art science lab with 26 laptops, Promethean board, incubator, telescope, Van Da Graff Generator, all inclusive science kits for life science, physics, genetics and electronics, a hydroponics lab and microscopes
- Computer lab with 30 workstations and laptops.
- Comprehensive library with 6 computers and software programs to evaluate student reading levels and comprehension skills
- Student computers in all classrooms and audio enhancers available to enable students to hear instruction with minimal distraction
- Technology in the classroom: Grades 4 - 8 have 1:1 devices. Every student is issued a Chromebook. Each classroom Kindergarten through 3rd has a cart of ipads for each student.
- My Access computer program is used to reinforce proficiency in writing skills Interactive projectors in every classroom
- Accelerated Reader used to assess reading level and comprehension.
- Document camera in Kindergarten and 1st grades
- Approximately 250 students attend our preschool school classes through Eighth Grade.
- Smart Interactive Projectors or Smart Whiteboards in every classrooms
Our kindergarten class is a full day program. St. Teresa School
is accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA)
and Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The school
received an exemplary review with a certification term of 6
The school is on a traditional school year schedule. The school year begins the end of August and ends within the first two weeks of June. Instructional hours for all classes are from 8:25 a.m. to 3:05 p.m. School uniforms are required.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Teresa Of Availa Catholic School cost?
What schools are St. Teresa Of Availa Catholic School often compared to?
What is the acceptance rate of St. Teresa Of Availa Catholic School?
What sports does St. Teresa Of Availa Catholic School offer?
What is St. Teresa Of Availa Catholic School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for St. Teresa Of Availa Catholic School?
View the St. Teresa Of Availa Catholic School yearly calendar below.
Endorse St. Teresa Of Availa Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards