St. Teresa Of Availa Catholic School
- Top Ranked NV School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 215 students
- Yearly Tuition: $4,950
- Acceptance rate: 99%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Math Enrichment, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Program, Talent Show
Recreational Athletic Programs:
CYO Annual Track Meet, Skiing Program
- To ensure a top level education and positive experience for our students, St. Teresa uses the latest teaching methods:
- Rotating middle school classes emphasize an integrated curriculum that reinforces subject matter throughout all content areas
- Accelerated Reading and Mathematics programs
- Electives are offered in the areas of art, music, sports, technology, and drama
- Art, music, drama, Spanish and physical education programs for all grades
- Eighth grade life skills training, focused on fostering positive decision-making skills and self-esteem
- Daily religious education focusing on Scriptures, Catholic teachings and values and their application in student and family life
- Classroom buddies which partner elementary students with middle school students to assist in social, religious and educational activities, bolstering self-confidence and enhancing unity among all classes in the school
Thanks to a grant received from the E.L. Wiegand Foundation, in 2008 we opened the E.L. Wiegand Knowledge Center which includes:
- State of the art science lab with 26 laptops, Promethean board, incubator, telescope, Van Da Graff Generator, all inclusive science kits for life science, physics, genetics and electronics, a hydroponics lab and microscopes
- Computer lab with 30 workstations and laptops.
- Comprehensive library with 6 computers and software programs to evaluate student reading levels and comprehension skills
- Student computers in all classrooms and audio enhancers available to enable students to hear instruction with minimal distraction
- Technology in the classroom: Grades 4 - 8 have 1:1 devices. Every student is issued a Chromebook. Each classroom Kindergarten through 3rd has a cart of ipads for each student.
- My Access computer program is used to reinforce proficiency in writing skills Interactive projectors in every classroom
- Accelerated Reader used to assess reading level and comprehension.
- Document camera in Kindergarten and 1st grades
- Approximately 250 students attend our preschool school classes through Eighth Grade.
- Smart Interactive Projectors or Smart Whiteboards in every classrooms
Our kindergarten class is a full day program. St. Teresa School
is accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA)
and Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The school
received an exemplary review with a certification term of 6
The school is on a traditional school year schedule. The school year begins the end of August and ends within the first two weeks of June. Instructional hours for all classes are from 8:25 a.m. to 3:05 p.m. School uniforms are required.
View the St. Teresa Of Availa Catholic School yearly calendar below.
Endorse St. Teresa Of Availa Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards