Grace Christian Academy
- Grace Christian Academy is a Christ-centered, classical educational institution that exists to provide excellent education and a Biblical worldview for our children, so that they may live their lives to the glory of God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 31 / Aug. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,700|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Deborah Conner|
|Admissions Associate||Penny Larson|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Track and Field, Winter TrackCross Country, Track and Field,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Spring Chess Clu|
- Grace Christian Academy students are taught how to learn and how to interrelate and examine all knowledge as part of a larger whole defined by Christian truth. All learning is a unified effort and points to glorify God.
- Our Christian school utilizes a classical approach to learning known as the Trivium. This time-proven methodology is composed of three interrelated phases that correspond with a child's developmental stages of learning. These phases also correspond with the Biblical categories of knowledge, understanding, and wisdom, thus enabling students to easily master subjects at the appropriate age.
- Grace Christian Academy offers a full range of curriculum. From Kindergarten to 8th grade.
- GCA is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and our teachers also receive training from the Association of Classical Christian Schools (ACCS). Some highlights are: An academically rigorous education grounded in Scripture with a Biblical worldview Low student to teacher ratio Systematic phonics instruction begins in kindergarten Cursive penmanship begins in 2nd grade Latin instruction begins in 3rd grade Formal Logic instruction begins in 8th grade Advanced math, grammar and writing curricula
- Terra NovaTesting Grades 3-8
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Reno Grades: K-8 | 304 students
1125 Lander St
Reno, NV 89509
(775)322-2773 35.2 K-8
- Reno Grades: 3-12 | 237 students
2515 Crossbow Court
Reno, NV 89511
(775)852-6222 27.6 3-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.