New Horizons Center For Learning
- New Horizons works with children that have not been successful in a traditional school setting.
- The school had its beginnings in a small public school in Mohave Valley, Arizona in 1966.
- The Center's ability to progress has been due to a number of particular assets.
- These include the dedication of its staff, consultants, and parents, all of whom have sacrificed time and effort in order to serve the needs of children in less than adequate surroundings.
- Although conditions have changed markedly over the last several years for the Academy, the philosophy and ideals have remained constant.
- Now, a well established, alternative private school, the program continues its dedication to children in need of its services and to an ongoing search for excellence.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||cost varies dependng on grade|
|Admissions Director||Barbara Bidell|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Vegas Grades: PK-12 | 898 students
8601 Scholar Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89128
(702)254-1610 3.4 PK-12
- Las Vegas Grades: 6-12 | 88 students
4141 Meadows Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89107
(702)732-3957 2.5 6-12
- Las Vegas Grades: PK-9 | 113 students
6059 W Oakey Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89146
(702)871-7208 0.9 PK-9
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.