Challenger School - Summerlin
Celebrating over 50 years of fun and learning, Challenger School is an independent private school offering preschool through eighth grade.
- Top Ranked NV School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
- Challenger Alumna perfect on ACT, SAT on first try - 08/20/2019Challenger School - Lone Mountain Alumna, Sophia Adrangi, has accomplished a rare feat: getting a perfect score her first try on two college entrance exams.
- Summerlin-area boy represents Nevada at geography bee - 05/22/2019Jack, 10, is a fifth-grader at Challenger School-Summerlin and was chosen as one of over 100 students at his school and thousands across the state, grades four through eight, to compete in National Geographic`s GeoBee in Washington, D.C. It took place May 19-22 at National Geographic`s headquarters.
- Fox 5 Interview with Jack Stark! - 04/19/2019Dave Hall put the FOX5 morning team's geography knowledge to the test against geography bee champion, Jack Stark, a Challenger School - Summerlin student!
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Our curriculum focuses on the foundations of knowledge: language arts, math, and logic. Early mastery of these basics prepares students for advanced studies and learning at an accelerated pace.
- Breathtaking Results - Our uniquely structured classes yield astonishing results in young students. Challenger students achieve scores well above the 90th percentile on the IOWA Assessments. This means that our average student outperforms more than nine out of ten students who take that test. Challenger School offers preschool (starting as early as 2 years, 9 months) through eighth grade programs. Our students learn to think for themselves, and to value independence. The results are unmatched at any price!
Source: Verified school update
Teachers genuinely care and are very involved.
I've only attended Challenger for four years of my academic life, but cannot express how much I wish I had gone longer. Though expensive, the education and experiences I've gained have been worth it. The private homely environment feels safe and the teachers make learning to excite and fun.
Not only will your children learn curriculum advanced above other schools (my 6th grader is learning on-level eighth grade material), they also will gain the challenger values such as self-reliance, integrity, and hard work. They create a competitive environment preparing them for high school and their future in general.Teachers are very involved individually and really care for their success. 5/5 recommended.
As a middle school student, I've been through much of Challenger's competitive environment. It's hard to keep up with their advanced curriculum and workload, but it's instilled values in me in which no other school could. The small private environment allows for a lot of individuality with the teachers in all grades and encourages learning without much distraction. The student population in general is very friendly and welcoming, so the school is easy to adjust to.
Recommend their preschool program especially. The high tuition rates may seem daunting, but I assure you, as a parent of 4, the education and experience your child get is worth it.
I have gone to challenger all of my life; it has become a part of me. The education is amazing, learning at a high school level starting at 7th grade. The teachers are very involved, and the students around me are friendly and open to many new students!
High quality education. Best school in the country.
Endorse Challenger School - Summerlin. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.