Challenger School - Summerlin
5.00 (7 reviews)
- Celebrating over 50 years of fun and learning, Challenger School is an independent private school offering preschool through eighth grade.
- Challenger Alumna perfect on ACT, SAT on first try - 08/20/2019 - Challenger School - Lone Mountain Alumna, Sophia Adrangi, has accomplished a rare feat: getting a perfect score her first try on two college entrance exams.
- Summerlin-area boy represents Nevada at geography bee - 05/22/2019 - Jack, 10, is a fifth-grader at Challenger School-Summerlin and was chosen as one of over 100 students at his school and thousands across the state, grades four through eight, to ...morecompete in National Geographic`s GeoBee in Washington, D.C. It took place May 19-22 at National Geographic`s headquarters. hide
- Fox 5 Interview with Jack Stark! - 04/19/2019 - Dave Hall put the FOX5 morning team's geography knowledge to the test against geography bee champion, Jack Stark, a Challenger School - Summerlin student!
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our curriculum focuses on the foundations of knowledge: language arts, math, and logic. Early mastery of these basics prepares students for advanced studies and learning at an accelerated pace.
- Breathtaking Results - Our uniquely structured classes yield astonishing results in young students. Challenger students achieve scores well above the 90th percentile on the IOWA Assessments. This means that our average student outperforms more than nine out of ten students who take that test. Challenger School offers preschool (starting as early as 2 years, 9 months) through eighth grade programs. Our students learn to think for themselves, and to value independence. The results are unmatched at any price!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Vegas Grades: PK-12 | 898 students
8601 Scholar Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89128
(702)254-1610 2.6 PK-12
- Las Vegas Grades: K-5 | 138 students
2160 Snow Trl
Las Vegas, NV 89134
(702)242-8838 1.7 K-5
- Las Vegas Grades: NS-8 | 965 students
3275 Red Rock St.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
(702)362-1180 8.1 NS-8
I've only attended Challenger for four years of my academic life, but cannot express how much I wish I had gone longer. Though expensive, the education and experiences I've gained have been worth it. The private homely environment feels safe and the teachers make learning to excite and fun.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Anonymous
Teachers genuinely care and are very involved.
- Posted by Parent - parent :)
Not only will your children learn curriculum advanced above other schools (my 6th grader is learning on-level eighth grade material), they also will gain the challenger values such as self-reliance, integrity, and hard work. They create a competitive environment preparing them for high school and their future in general.Teachers are very involved individually and really care for their success. 5/5 recommended.
- Posted by Parent - parent of 3
As a middle school student, I've been through much of Challenger's competitive environment. It's hard to keep up with their advanced curriculum and workload, but it's instilled values in me in which no other school could. The small private environment allows for a lot of individuality with the teachers in all grades and encourages learning without much distraction. The student population in general is very friendly and welcoming, so the school is easy to adjust to.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - student
Recommend their preschool program especially. The high tuition rates may seem daunting, but I assure you, as a parent of 4, the education and experience your child get is worth it.
- Posted by Parent - L.M.
I have gone to challenger all of my life; it has become a part of me. The education is amazing, learning at a high school level starting at 7th grade. The teachers are very involved, and the students around me are friendly and open to many new students!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Colin Acasio
High quality education. Best school in the country.
- Posted by Parent - MG
Choosing the right private school for your child involves comparing schools as opposed to ranking them.
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.