CornerStone Christian Academy & Tykes Preschool
5.00 (5 reviews)
- CornerStone Christian Academy and Tykes Preschool has been created for the development of the whole child - body, mind and spirit.
- Our mission is to provide an educational, spiritual and social experience which will stimulate academic excellence, devotional relevancy and interpersonal responsibility.
- Each student at CornerStone are encouraged to develop strong academic skills, self-worth and responsibility, all rooted in the love of God.
- We believe that our #1 responsibility is to provide our children the best education in a safe, Christian environment.
- It is our intention that this academic adventure takes place in an intentionally loving and caring Christian atmosphere, juxtaposing current educational standards of excellence with biblically-based principles.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||African Methodist Episcopal|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||674 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Brandi Hearst|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
CornerStone Performing Arts Academy
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- CornerStone has been awarded Best of Las Vegas!
- CornerStone ChristianTykes Preschool is NAEYC Accredited, we are also the ONLY QRIS 5 Star rated private Christian Early Childhood Education center in the state. We are licensed by State of Nevada Child Care Licensing.
- CornerStone Christian Academy is ACSI accredtied and state licensed. We offer a full range of courses with teaching specialists in the following subjects: "Spanish" "Computers" "Music" "Library" "Physical Ed." "Art" Middle School offers are wide range of electives including: "Culinary Arts" "Preschool Mentors" "Robotics" "Spanish" "STEAM" and more.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Vegas Grades: NS-8 | 965 students
3275 Red Rock St.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
(702)362-1180 0.7 NS-8
Caring teachers that go above and beyond. Amazing extras. Small class sizes.
- Posted by Parent - JDA
I have served at Corner Stone Christian Academy for the past 3 years, as a 4th Grade Educator, and believe that it is incumbent upon me to share valuable insight regarding the level of education that is provided, here, at CCA. I, along with my CCA colleagues, take personal pride in providing our students with a strong, academic foundation, that will enable them to be successful beyond these walls. As professionals, we are committed to teach to the "Total Child," providing students with not only an exceptional academic experience, but also, a path towards Spiritual Growth and Character Development. I have always espoused the concept of the "Classroom Family," which gives my students the desire to want to learn because they feel a sense of belonging, value, and acceptance from their teacher. Students are highlighted and shown how 'Special' they are, thus, enabling them to discover how the Love and Grace of Jesus Christ is able to transform their lives both Spiritually, as well as, Academically. As an Educator, I am thrilled to be a viable contributor to the CCA Academic Team, as we continue to move forward using the 21st Century Model (STEM) of Educating our students, while preparing our youth to become Strong Christian Leaders, not only within their spheres of influence, but also, throughout society; thus transforming the World one person at a time.
- Posted by Teacher - Tanceana Reynard
CornerStone has provided our children with a quality Christian education from preschool through 8th grade. The staff is caring and invested in your child's progress. Thanks to the very involved PTA, the facility is constantly being updated and improved without major tuition increases to the parents. Art, music, computers, PE and Spanish are a core part of all elementary grade levels in addition to the reading, writing, math and science. They provide a good foundation of Christian values and reward the children for good character. They have a well rounded athletics program for the older kids despite being a smaller school. There is so much opportunity here to excel and become a well rounded little individual. I highly recommend this school to all parents.
- Posted by Parent - drsjs
CornerStone Christian Academy (CCA) is a warm, caring Christian school for children to grow academically, socially and emotionally. The security of the children is paramount. The principal is accessible and helpful, the office staff is wonderful and a delight to deal with. Classroom aids are warm and welcoming the teaching staff is qualified and enthusiastic and attempts to meet individual needs of students. The kitchen staff could not be more accommodating. CornerStone has an expanding performing arts department as well as a respectable sports program. If your child wants to get involved (in an after school activity/sport) it is available at CCA! The key to CCA's success is a great mixture of caring (and involved) parents, a supportive administrative staff, enthusiastic teachers and great students in a Christian environment!
- Posted by Parent - Nrigo
This is a great school. I have had children in pre-school and elementary school. The academics are exceptional and there are also a lot of after school activities, from sports to performing arts. The teachers and staff are warm and caring and have the best interest of my children at heart. There are enough students to allow for many friendships yet it has a family feel as well. All of my children love CornerStone Christian Academy and I would recommend it to anyone looking for quality education and a healthy environment.
- Posted by Parent - hsmit
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.