Nevada Sage Waldorf School
- Nevada Sage Waldorf School! We have been serving the Reno-Tahoe area since the year 2000. Nevada Sage Waldorf School is an independent, non-sectarian school offering an early childhood program and a growing grade school program.
- Our school is a community of children, teachers, parents, trustees, families and friends who embrace the joy of learning.
- We are dedicated to providing an education that enlivens the whole child with rich experiences.
- Daily and weekly rhythms, along with seasonal festivals celebrate and accentuate the passage of time with beauty, meaning and purpose.
- We are proud to be among 1,000 Waldorf schools worldwide that are located in 83 countries. While each Waldorf school is unique and operates independently, we are all connected by a core curriculum, and similar methods and beliefs. Waldorf curriculum was developed by Rudolf Steiner (1861-1925) and is based on his studies of the developmental stages of childhood. Waldorf education is the fastest growing private educational movement in the world.
Nevada Sage Waldorf School places among the top 20% of private schools in Nevada for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Waldorf School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for tuition rates; http://www.nevadasagewaldorf.org/admissions/tuition-rates/|
|Admissions Director||Kelli Anastassatos|
- Nevada Sage Waldorf School is part of a global community of Waldorf teachers and child development professionals who have joined together to educate children. This type of learning is not new. For nearly 100 years, the Waldorf curriculum has served students around the world.Education is more than gaining knowledge through acquiring and memorizing information. Waldorf education nurtures the ability to think with clarity, to feel with compassion, and to initiate change with confidence. It recognizes the capacities of each child, and endeavors to awaken and develop these. Through Waldorf education, children embark on lifelong journeys of discovery of themselves and of the world.Nevada Sage Waldorf School is a Developing Member of WECAN and AWSNA.AWSNA (Association of Waldorf Schools of North America)WECAN (Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America)
- Is Waldorf education right for your child
- Are you seeking-
- A school that considers education a journey not a race
- A school that educates the whole child
- An education for your child that integrates art music and movement into a classical academic education
- An education that deeply respects children An education that reinforces your child`s connection with nature
- An education that nurtures an enthusiasm for learning An education that motivates children intrinsically
- An education that nourishes the spirit of the child An education that provides active and creative learning
- An education that fosters healthy social development and community building
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Reno Grades: PK-8 | 215 students
565 Zolezzi Ln
Reno, NV 89511
(775)852-6162 5.9 PK-8
- Reno Grades: 1-12 | 97 students
690 Edison Way
Reno, NV 89502
(775)858-4541 0.3 1-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.