Aquinas Academy Inc
- Aquinas Academy is a small private, co-educational day school that is operated by Catholic laymen dedicated to promoting academic excellence within the tradition of a Catholic education.
- Aquinas Academy offers personalized instruction, regarding each child as of infinite value in the sight of God.
- Aquinas Academy offers a Catholic liberal arts education based on methodology modeled by its patron saints, St. Thomas Aquinas and St. John Bosco.
- St. Thomas, one of the greatest intellectual figures in the history of the world and the Church, taught intellectual truths by using methods and language that is readily understandable.
- St. John Bosco`s educational methods were to regard students as children of God and having infinite value.
- The student`s educational and character formation must be personalized using charity and love.
- It is the deliberate intention of the Academy to teach the faith not as an independent course within the school day, but as the Vatican II councilor document on Christian Education, Gravissumum Educationis, states: "to relate all of human culture to the good news of salvation so that the light of the faith will illumine everything that the students will gradually come to learn about the world, about life, and about the human person.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Average SAT score||1100|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Drama Program, Math League
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bear Grades: PK-12 | 1117 students
2801 Del Laws Rd
Bear, DE 19701
(302)834-8938 2.1 PK-12
- Bear Grades: NS-12 | 574 students
1390 Red Lion Road
Bear, DE 19701
(302)834-2526 2.1 NS-12
- Newark Grades: PK-8 | 614 students
2451 Frazer Rd
Newark, DE 19702
(302)838-8850 4.8 PK-8
- Hockessin Grades: PK-12 | 345 students
825 Loveville Rd
Hockessin, DE 19707
(302)239-2121 14.2 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.