Asia Pacific International School
- Asia Pacific International School (APIS) is a K-12, coed, college-preparatory school with a mission to nurture leaders of the New Pacific Century and bridge the gap between East and West.
- To leverage the power of place-based education, APIS has established a global network of campuses under one school: an East Asia campus in Seoul, South Korea, and a West campus in Hau`ula, Hawai`i.
- The 97-acre Hawai`i campus on the North Shore of O`ahu is a safe learning environment, where students from Hawai`i and around the world build relationships, explore passions, and become leaders.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$3,500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Full two-week boarding program|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Average SAT score||1350|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,100|
|Tuition Notes||Day student tuition. Contact Admissions to learn about tuition, fees, and financial aid.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tiaan van der Linde|
|Total Sports Offered||26 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Badminton, Basketball, Bowling, Boxing, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Fit, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Kayaking, Martial Arts, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Paddle Tennis, Polo, Sailing, Soccer, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo, WeightliftingArchery, Badminton,|
Cross Country, Cross Fit,
Martial Arts, Mountain Biking,
Mountaineering, Paddle Tennis,
Soccer, Surf Team,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Weightlifting,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Agricultural Club, Animal Husbandry, Book Club, Chinese Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Gardening, Hiking Club, Investment Club, Japanese Club, Knitting Club, Korean Club, Math Team, Model United Nations, Orienteering, Outdoors Club, Student Council, Student-Led Clubs
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Studio, Band and Orchestra, Ceramics, Choir, Drama, Hula
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Club, Horseback riding, Surfing
- APIS was founded in 2007 on the belief that students should authentically engage in global learning experiences. Through project-based learning, frequent field trips, outdoor learning, internships, community service, and opportunities to study in their Seoul campus, APIS students learn from what is real and meaningful.
- APIS is a caring, Christian community with less than ten students in each grade. Small class sizes and advisories create an environment where students are known, support is readily available, and instruction is individualized.
- Extracurricular options include swimming in their 25-meter saltwater pool, golf, beach volleyball, canoe paddling, agriculture, computer science, robotics, art, band, piano, and many other activities, including student-run clubs.All APIS graduates pursue higher education.
- Students from the Hawai`i campus have been admitted to top-tier universities, including Stanford, Yale, Brown, Columbia, Duke, Boston, and NYU.
- Five-day and seven-day boarding options enable students from around the world to live on campus, enjoying meals cooked by a world-class chef, weekend activities, and evening tutoring sessions.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Longmont Grades: PK-12 | 235 students
550 Coffman St
Longmont, CO 80501
(303) 776-3254 3327.4 PK-12
- Swannanoa Grades: PK-12 | 647 students
74 Riverwood Road
Swannanoa, NC 28778
(999) 999-9999 4573.3 PK-12
I am an administrator at Asia Pacific International School and am still stunned by the beautiful campus on the North Shore. The school is focused on project-based learning and maintains small class sizes that allows teachers to cater to the needs of each individual student. Students are encouraged to explore their passions and are equipped with advanced technology, access to the outdoors, and a tight-knit community on campus of staff and students for support.
- Posted by Administrator - Anna
APIS is a really caring, nurturing school with really hard-working teachers. It's project based, and growth centered, and their campus is gorgeous!
- Posted by Administrator - Andy
I am both an administrator and parent at this school. I have worked at Asia Pacific International School in both Korea and Hawaii. The school has an incredible vision of bridging the East and the West. The Hawaii school has put a lot of time and attention into Project Based Learning so that student learning is authentic, personalized, integrated and overall deeper. My daughter attends the elementary school, and I am so impressed with how well her teachers know her. She loves school and can't wait to learn with her classmates every day. This is truly a unique place. Come, stop by, take a tour.
- Posted by Administrator - Chris Stapleton
I enrolled my elementary school daughter and middle school son at APIS and have not regretted it. My daughter is learning Chinese and Korean, and her math and reading scores have improved significantly in just a few months. My son is learning Korean, and he's playing in concerts on the guitar and saxophone, two new instruments for him. Their teachers incredibly supportive.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Asia Pacific International School or APIS is a hidden gem. I am thankful there is a great private school on the North Shore. My child attended there for high school and graduated going to a great school in the Mainland. They worked with me for financial aid. This school is small, so they can really cater to your child. My daughter was able to swim, leave early for her golf lessons, compete in Model UN, and start her own entrepreneurship club. The teachers are wonderful. They really care about the students and communicate frequently. They even offer a free lunch! And have a full-time chef on campus. The admin team is also responsive and open to suggestions for improvement. I am happy we have a new private school on Oahu.
- Posted by Parent - Debbie