Austin Career Education Center
- Austin Career Education Center opened its doors in September 1977 to men and women who left high school before graduation.
- They realized their need for a high school diploma and all of the opportunities that graduation provides.
- More than 16,000 students have enrolled in classes at the Center to date.
- During the 2006 - 2007 school year, diplomas were awarded to 160 young men and women.
- More than 60% of those students are now enrolled in college or vocational training.
- The school provides a student-centered curriculum, career counselor, special education support, and dedicated staff of teachers that work with students to achieve success.
- At the center, students benefit from a range of academic and counseling services.
- We provide student-centered classes, ACT preparation, and college counseling to help students approach challenges in the future with confidence.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 10-12|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 194 students
4651 W. Madison
Chicago, IL 60644
- ChicagoGrades: 10-12 | 177 students
1231 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago, IL 60623
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.