Austin Career Education Center
Tel: (773) 626-6988
- Austin Career Education Center opened its doors in September 1977 to men and women who left high school before graduation.
- They realized their need for a high school diploma and all of the opportunities that graduation provides.
- More than 16,000 students have enrolled in classes at the Center to date.
- During the 2006 - 2007 school year, diplomas were awarded to 160 young men and women.
- More than 60% of those students are now enrolled in college or vocational training.
- The school provides a student-centered curriculum, career counselor, special education support, and dedicated staff of teachers that work with students to achieve success.
- At the center, students benefit from a range of academic and counseling services.
- We provide student-centered classes, ACT preparation, and college counseling to help students approach challenges in the future with confidence.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 10-12|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: 10-12 | 176 students
4651 W. Madison
Chicago, IL 60644
(773) 921-1315 1.4 10-12
- Chicago Grades: 10-12 | 177 students
1231 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago, IL 60623
(773) 762-2272 2.7 10-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.