Bishop Garrigan High School
- Bishop Garrigan is a Catholic high school in Algona, Iowa.
- Bishop Garrigan High school is dedicated to providing quality, value-centered Catholic high school education to young people of Kossuth County.
- We seek to achieve a balance between academic excellence and Christian social conscience through a combination of intellectual preparation, physical development, belief in God, and service to our fellow human beings.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||209 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Emmetsburg Grades: PK-8 | 134 students
1903 Broadway St
Emmetsburg, IA 50536
(512)852-3464 23.5 PK-8
- Kanawha Grades: NS-8 | 28 students
470 E 5th St
Kanawha, IA 50447
(641)762-3322 23.5 NS-8
- Humboldt Grades: NS-6 | 207 students
303 3rd Avenue North
Humboldt, IA 50548
(515)332-2134 24.5 NS-6
- Pocahontas Grades: K-5 | 85 students
305 Sw 3rd St
Pocahontas, IA 50574
(712)335-3603 33.6 K-5
- Fort Dodge Grades: PK-12 | 697 students
501 N 22nd St
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
(515)955-5850 39.3 PK-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.