Black Hills Children's Home
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 54 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Black Hills Children's Home provides a home, school, and therapy for children, primarily ages 4-13, with emotional and behavioral problems. The majority of children have a history of abuse and neglect. Foster care and adoption services are provided for children who are unable to return to their birth families. Black Hills Children's Home also provides emergency shelter services and counseling for women and children who are victims of domestic abuse. Specializes in the education and treatment of children with emotional and behavioral disorders. Provides a highly structured setting with a 1:6 teacher to student ratio. Masters level therapy staff provide individual, group and family therapy. Initial assessment includes psychiatric evaluation, psychological evaluation, educational testing, family/social assessment, abuse assessment, therapeutic activities assessment, and speech/language screening.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Black Hills Children's Home?
The application deadline for Black Hills Children's Home is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Black Hills Children's Home. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards